Mid Digital Strategist
Mid Digital Strategist
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Integrated Strategist skilled in both communication strategy and digital strategy
Experience spanning across multiple industries including financial services, telecommunications, technology, FMCG and retail as well as multi-regional strategic planning experience across Africa
- Digital strategy translating lead agency communication strategies across the conversion funnel
- Developed annual digital playbooks & campaign strategies together with roll-out plans, measurement & reporting
- Developed Brand Positioning Strategies across a range of categories and industries
- Developed the Brand Architecture
- Develop multi-channel digital strategies
- Deep understanding of individual digital channels (SEO, SEM SMM) and how they all work together
- Generate and lead all strategic and creative client workshops
- Specialist Understanding of Paid, owned & earned media, implementation, and optimisation tactics
- Strong data background and associated qualifications and certificates
- Experience in digital, social & brand strategy and knowledge of how to leverage them to achieve marketing goals
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Experience helping to lead integrated, multi-platform marketing campaigns
- Understanding of KPIs and how best to measure success in brand, digital or social strategy
- A grasp of how business, brands and consumers interact
- Deep understanding of/ and experience in consumer research (qual & quant) and a grasp of a wide range of approaches. Facility with interpreting research, the difference between an observation and an insight, and how to best apply them to marketing strategies
- Experience in synthesis of research and business data into insights and idea generation
- Ability to collaborate with creative team in developing concepts and campaigns
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems
Planning and Implementing:
- Brand Communications Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Creative Strategy
- Positioning Strategy
- Campaign Strategy
- Brand Development
- Market and Consumer Research
- Market and Consumer Trends
- Trend Forecast
- Strategic Insights
Who you are:
- Communication Strategy and Digital Strategy (5-7yrs)
- Relevant Marketing/ Communications degree NQF 7
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.