Sr. Project Manager - Remote
Sr. Project Manager - Remote
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour and Turner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile app space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you!
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our growing team! The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for overseeing various projects within our client portfolio. This position maintains line of sight and drives the project throughout the entire project lifecycle. Responsible to provide direction to the project team, including contractors, to ensure that all process and timeline requirements are met. At the direction of the Program Manager, this position provides guidance to project team members in accordance with the functional objectives set forth in the project delivery guidelines. This position requires extreme attention to detail with a technical ability to manage multiple aspects of a project and providing technical business requirements on app capabilities, new features, improvements, and changes in existing mobile applications.
What you’ll do:
- Deliverables | Manage multiple clients’ projects including client specification definition, project plan creation, and management for engineering tasks
- Requirements | Lead technical requirements gathering processes with clients and internal stakeholders and produce foundational documentation for product delivery. Create design specifications, user scenarios, process flow diagrams, and acceptance criteria.
- Process | Support agile processes to ensure seamless and timely delivery. Including partnering in feature backlog prioritization, user story and task creation.
- People | Serve as the connector between clients, creative, user experience, strategy, quality assurance, and development to ensure business goals are achieved.
Who you are:
- Critical Thinker | Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to recommend creative solutions to business and technical challenges.
- Flexible and collaborative | Multi-disciplined in a variety of concepts and practices related to web development, content management systems, mobile application development, and user experience. Thriving in cross-disciplined teams and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-Starter | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Have an ability to immerse oneself into an industry or market and quickly add value. Capable of self-management and able to define which deliverables would best support a project.
- Organized | Highly organized with attention to detail and priority. Able to organize and articulate complex technology concepts.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years technical project management/business analysis and writing experience.
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and motivation to learn new skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to multitask and adapt to changing business needs and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert prioritization skills; able to manage project tasks on behalf of the project team, while managing and owning backlogs in JIRA.
- Leadership and mentoring skills; able to provide guidance to others and step in to lead processes where needed.
- Demonstrate empathy, confidence, negotiation and decision-making skills under pressure.
- Knowledge of mobile app development.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Familiarity with OmniGraffle or other data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.