Senior / Lead Java developer
Senior / Lead Java developer
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Java Developer. This role is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role on teams delivering technical and organizational change across a variety of enterprise clients. You will be an important part of a rapidly expanding team across the Americas that creates, manages, and maintains delivery pipelines for software development teams that deliver critical infrastructure for our clients.
What you'll do:
- Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current coding practices.
- Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
- Collaborate | Mentor associate developers. Review code for your peers. Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong domain knowledge and business acumen. Ability to bring people together to work towards a common goal.
- Personable and able to build strong relationships with peers within your network, existing clients and during client consultancy engagements.
- Open and collaborative | Our teams cover all aspects of consumer technology and you will naturally build relationships and collaboration across your peers in our Centers of Excellence.
- Optimistic and resilient | Be positively challenging in solutions and ways of working to solve problems in a practical way, that brings real value.
What you'll need:
- Advanced English
- 8+ years of experience developing
- +4 years leading teams
- Proficient in Java and Spring Boot
- Leadership skills helping other engineers
- Agile & Scrum Methodologies experience
Demostrate the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience using Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible automation
- Knowledge and practical experience with CI/CD
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Extensive scripting language experience with bash
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers
- Take responsibility for your team and projects
- Support team members to keep them motivated and engaged
- Exposure to some of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Networking and routing (VPC, Direct Connect, VPN)
- Experience with Kubernetes. Docker and Helm
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.