Data Strategist - CRM & Digital
Data Strategist - CRM & Digital
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we are looking for:
You will be an ambassador for data planning and insights, informing business decisions across our clients and Wunderman Thompson. You will work with a combination of marketing clients, data clients and colleagues from across the agency to develop and deliver data planning & insight activities centred on CRM targeting, measurement and optimisation across multiple on and offline channels.
You should be a self-starter, full of enthusiasm and highly collaborative. You’ll be the ‘glue’ integrating data and analytics with broader marketing strategy to develop connected data-inspired CRM and digital activity. Collaboration is key to this role - you’ll be working closely with analysts, strategists, account and campaign delivery teams as well as multiple client stakeholders and external agency partners.
The person will be coming in to work as a part of an effective squad team in relation to CRM campaign and data planning, including the development of CRM audiences, communications frameworks which are integrated with other channels. This individual would play a key part in driving testing plans and developing measurement frameworks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building relationships with client stakeholders and internal Wunderman Thompson teams to promote, develop and manage data planning and analysis deliverables:
o Create and present strategies, plans and performance overviews to internal stakeholders and client teams
o Lead clients by developing data strategies and roadmaps to propel client marketing activities forward across all channels (on and offline)
o Define frameworks to measure marketing effectiveness, set KPIs, benchmarks, targets and forecast to support business cases
o Measure, evaluate and optimise marketing activity using best practice testing methodologies where necessary
o Define and set-up reporting and analysis processes and deliverables that meet client objectives
o Develop campaign targeting plans and briefs to internal or 3rd party campaign delivery teams
o Data discovery and analysis projects to develop insights to inform strategy and drive targeting
- Drive strategy across all channels and touch points moving from email, push and SMS channels to a connected communications plans encompassing digital media including social, mobile and website.
- Be the clients’ trusted advisor on all things data and make it easy for clients to make business decisions – based on data insight.
- Present frequently to clients and attend client meetings, sometimes at client locations.
Who we’re looking for
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Able to explain technical details of data and analytics to non-technical people outside the discipline
- Strategic thinker with good knowledge of CRM and digital marketing with a passion for influencing consumer journeys (irrespective of channel)
- Experience in a data function, preferably within an agency environment or similar
- High level of numeracy and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel
- Some experience of writing proposals (Analytics & Strategic)
Nice to have but not essential:
- Data visualisation tools & BI reporting (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Website analytics & personalisation/testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Target)
- Research tools (e.g. YouGov, TGI, GWI, Google Trends)
- Social analytics tools (e.g. Crimson hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Radian 6, Quid, Similarweb)
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.