Business Director - E-Commerce - FTC
Business Director - E-Commerce - FTC
Department: Client Services
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
Working on site as an E-Commerce Business Director you will report into the client Managing Director and you will be responsible for the definition and implementation of the eCommerce sales platform for an automotive brand. The role leads a team of 2 dedicated product managers, as well as the client IT support functions and digital agency teams. This is a Fixed Term Contract until end January 2022.
- Lead the definition of the eCommerce strategy for 2022, taking into consideration all areas of the business; new product sales, used vehicle sales, conversions, connected services integration and aftersales services. Ensure the strategy is agreed by the UK MD, and board of management.
- Ensure implementation of the roadmap for 2021 is delivered to the agreed plan, and define the implementation roadmap for 2022.
- Leading the delivery team of two product managers to ensure the agile development methodology is optimised, to ensure efficient delivery in consideration of technical debt and both eCommerce platform and roadmap deliverables
- Ensure that the wider business collaborates on the required business processes to support the delivery of the eCommerce platform in 2022 (e.g. product simplification, customer data flows, connected services integration, VERSO system projects) to ensure delivery of a best in class digital sales ecommerce for customers.
- Work to set and agree the annual OP for registrations and revenue for 2022
Armed with your experience and ability to strategically advise and inspire you drive our clients business forward, help them grow and of course, produce work to be proud of.
Who are you?
- Past experience leading complex digital projects using agile methodology required
- Experienced in understanding customer data and UK/EU regulations in relation to customer data
- Experienced in influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders / business leaders
- Confident when under pressure
- Confident presenting to large audiences and in front of customers
- Capable of managing complex decisions and problem solving tasks
- Able to manage multiple workstreams at the same time
- Excellent numeracy and written and oral communication skills
- Highly analytical with the ability to make complex decisions based on analysis of financial data
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.