Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Strategist who will help develop strategies and content solutions for commercial enterprise audiences (B2B), define purchase journeys, analyze market trends and uncover emerging communication preferences.
The world of B2B content continues to evolve, taking on new formats and engagement experiences as the need for quality content continues to grow. Thus, it’s crucial that you understand and have a deep interest in finding new ways to capture attention, think journalistically and understand the evolving role content plays in the long and complex customer journeys in enterprise decision-making.
You enjoy digging into new and complex topics and solutions, transforming them into simple and inspiring ideas that enterprise audiences find useful and informative. You are the Associate Strategist who the creative team will look to for clarity when they’re trying to understand a product they don’t use and an audience they don’t personally know.
You are comfortable conducting desk research, watching webinars, and reading detailed technical content to demystify it for a creative team who must create compelling content in the form of podcasts, webinars, eBooks and engaging site experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Research | Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources: analysis of client data, primary and secondary research, media data.
- Develop | Write and contribute to briefs and plans that build off a business strategy for enterprise/B2B products and solutions and produce meaningful impact to business bottom line. Form point of view on specific topic areas and consequent executional plans.
- Communicate | Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide strategic rationale for new opportunities across all digital and physical channels. Support creative direction, measurement and optimization plans, with a particular emphasis on being active participants in creative and ideation work sessions. Present strategic deliverables to client and participate in client communications throughout lifecycle of projects.
- Understand | Understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the category in which it operates. Stay ahead of the latest trends (culture, technology, media, and social) that are affecting and evolving human behavior.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Curious and empathetic | The subject matter, the customer audiences and the content we create may not be what you consume on a day-to-day basis, so it’s imperative that you have a deep empathy and curiosity about what drives people outside your comfort zone.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems and unknowns. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity under constraints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 1 year of creative strategy experience within an agency or graduate advertising program.
- Preference for someone with interest in enterprise products, services and audiences (e.g., business decision makers, Developers, technical professionals) and experience in developing communications to drive engagement with these audiences using a variety of channels and platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, web, CRM).
- Experience in various types of consumer research, insights generation, creative brief development, campaign development, content strategy, touchpoint/ journey mapping, data-driven campaign execution, optimizing creative based on campaign performance.
- Insatiable curiosity and passion about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors, in particular for B2B audiences.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating information and/or data into cohesive and concise thoughts and creative briefs. Articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams. Strong writing and an eagerness to get even better is crucial to communicating to your colleagues.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.