Group Director, Project Management
Group Director, Project Management
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Group Director, Project Management to lead the Project Management discipline, reporting to the Seattle office President. The Group Director, Project Management will be a true partner to our internal leads, with an intimate understanding of clients' goals and anticipating how Wunderman Thompson can best serve them.
You have deep knowledge of the Project Management function within a Professional Services Organization. You can identify inefficiencies and streamline processes, while also being a strong lead and mentor to the team.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Establish and manage program communication and process. You will be responsible for setting up appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across agency and client teams. Provide innovative operational planning, including the setup of new programs and restructure of existing programs as needed to optimize processes and achieve efficiency goals.
- Financials | Focus is on delivery, execution, profitability, and client satisfaction of signed work. Secondary focus is on sales, revenue, and strategy. Partner with the finance team to develop a consistent profitability and utilization view across all accounts.
- Lead | Lead the Project Management discipline in the agency. Lead PM team and project teams to deliver target key performance indicators (revenue, margin, utilization, client satisfaction, internal team satisfaction, quality). Manage Program Directors as direct reports, being responsible for quality of work, goals, career development and point of escalation.
- Best Practices | Drive, optimize, and train Outthinking and PM Best Practices in the PM Group in Seattle. Represent the PM discipline in agency decision making and promote the facilitation of cross-discipline team partnerships to bring integration and depth to our work.
- Collaborate | Partner with Account leads to ensure Account/Program profitability via strategic rates, staffing plan, tracking and approving project expenses, ensuring billing and invoices, ensuring project change notices and internal write-offs are communicated and justified, and working with PMs to ensure all project must haves are delivered consistently. Partner with agency leadership team to grow revenue and define strategic vision of the Accounts/Programs and pitch and sell in new opportunities. Facilitate a shared vision and assist with defining, prioritizing, and planning to support major agency initiatives. Partner with Operations and Finance on PM inputs for internal reporting needs and collaborate on tools and processes to help mobilize new work.
- Client Facing | Define and communicate Account/Project expectations to client, team members and oversee the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and development, testing through launch. Billable oversight of programs should utilize 50% of time.
Who you are:
- A builder and unifier | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Trains, mentors, and grows teams with versatile backgrounds and skillsets A self-starter with sound foresight and insight.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is transparent and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns. You must champion a team, creating an environment that is comfortable and encouraging, but focused on a high-level of performance.
- Optimistic and resilient | A can-do attitude and resourceful, balancing rigor and process with the need to create the best work for our clients.
- Ego-less Player/Coach Mentality | We all wear the hats that need wearing. You are willing to take on tasks that may seem too junior to your role from time to time in the interest of the team and the business. You are passionate about developing others and experienced at leading cross-functional teams.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience; at least three years agency experience preferred.
- Leadership experience within a PMO environment, with proven experience with industry best practices of workflow implementations across project scoping, revenue forecasting, resource, budget, and risk management.
- A systematic thinker with proven track record of overseeing complex, cross-functional digital projects.
- Credible leader who wins the confidence of employees and pioneers new ways of thinking for our clients and our organization.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.