DevOps Lead - Remote
DevOps Lead - Remote
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps is seeking a DevOps Lead to join our team! Our applications grace the featured sections of the App Store and Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
The DevOps Lead is responsible for overseeing the tools, processes, and infrastructure our developers use to build and deliver apps. The primary goal of the Development Operations Lead is to ensure developers are working and delivering at peak efficiency. This includes building and maintaining engineering delivery infrastructure, such as source code management, build pipelines, and continuous integration and deployment. In addition to performing these types of tasks, the Development Operations Lead also brings an eagerness to educate and empower other members of the development team to take ownership and learn how to manage the systems for themselves as appropriate. The Development Operations Lead is process-oriented, and ensures that those processes are in place and implemented consistently across the multiple projects and work streams that are running day-to-day. The development delivery infrastructure is a critical part of the engineering process, and the Development Operations Lead plays an integral part in building and shaping that process, directly impacting and enabling the entire team.
What you'll do:
- Ownership | Own, shape, and maintain the infrastructure that supports our applications for our clients’ deliveries and maintain the existing build pipeline, from code repository management all the way through build.
- Collaborate | Assist teams through the build submission process, including to the Apple App Store and Google Play. Support and unblock project development teams and assist with troubleshooting pipeline issues.
- Lead | Responsible for leading the delivery of features and shipping of the Android and iOS apps. Oversees technical project documentation efforts (both from a holistic view, and auditing the platform documentation).
- Problem solve | Educate and empower development teams to take the appropriate level of ownership over build operations on a per-project basis. Influence and direct future strategy for development operations within the organization.
- Support | Oversee support and maintenance of production apps, including overseeing response efforts when production issues are raised.
- Streamline | Follow Wunderman Thompson Apps Style and Coding Guidelines. Review code for your peers.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community.
- Optimistic and Flexible | Dig in and figure out how to work creatively. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
- Technical | Able to dive into the technical details, ensure that development approaches are sound, and guide teams through technical issue resolutions.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the mobile app development ecosystem, including Android, iOS, React Native, and Flutter.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Direct hands-on experience with Android Studio, Xcode, and Visual Studio Code (React Native) including working with command-line interfaces for managing applications.
- Expertise in Linux shell scripts and Linux internals.
- Experience debugging complex problems.
- Experience also guiding others through problem-solving exercises.
- Experience with containers, such as with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Python, Groovy or similar.
- Experience with Django.
- Hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature-branching strategies.
- Experience with managed CI/CD, specifically including Jenkins.
- Experience with mobile deployment services such as Bitrise.
- Experience with Ruby, Fastlane.
- DevOps engineering experience building and maintaining robust and scalable infrastructure across a wide range of systems.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to switch contexts and quickly understand the needs and requirements of different projects and teams.
Additional desirable skills:
- Experience with connected TV app delivery, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Fire TV.
- Experience enabling automated testing frameworks within mobile applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with React Native-related packages, Flutter in a command-line environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.