Department: Client Services
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Midwest is seeking an Account Supervisor to help guide a new client through customer experience and digital strategy initiatives. The Account Supervisor is responsible for the health and well-being of their projects and their Wunderman Thompson team. They will understand what’s needed in the short and long term and work closely with our cross-discipline leads (Strategy, Analytics, Creative and Project Management) to ensure long-term success. They will assist the Account Director in identifying new growth opportunities for the account.
The Account Supervisor combines expertise on digital trends and technologies with an intimate understanding of clients' goals and needs in order to anticipate what their needs will be and how Wunderman Thompson can serve them. Website, digital destination and CRM understanding and experience is ideal.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. You’ll be the point person for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project teams. Review team deliverables, provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated. Act as the agency’s expert on a given client and/or business capability. Collaborate with a large cross-functional team internally and client-side. Participate in internal vision & strategy sessions for the account. Develop strong relationship and effectively communicate with clients, agency partners, and internal teams.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as we sell in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially working cross-discipline.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Provide a balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity. You should have a strong work ethic- loving to learn new things and willing to work hard to achieve your goals.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of client services experience in a digital and/or creative agency.
- Minimum 3 years of client-facing experience.
- Experience leading small and large scale web projects through user experience (UX) and design across all channels. Direct marketing/CRM expertise preferred.
- Experience and a proven approach to building relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities as well as driving incremental growth on existing work.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and collaborate in a team-oriented multi-agency workplace; fostering career growth for the individuals on their project teams.
- Specific experience with Global 1000 clients in marketing communications, Internet initiatives, branding or business analysis.
- Outstanding ability to lead, convince and inspire in a client-service environment.
- High knowledge and expertise in marketing – and personal perspective on – Internet trends and technologies, business and site performance analysis, user centered design process, social, campaign work.
- Proven ability to negotiate Statements of Work and contracts – effectively forecasting and scoping work with teams in close collaboration with Project Management.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.