Assistant Account Executive
Assistant Account Executive
Department: Client Services
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Assistant Account Executive to work across a high profile, fast paced business. The AAE performs a crucial support role on the team and should be flexible, proactive, responsive and organized. The Account Coordinator will establish excellent working relationships with all departments in the Agency and Client and should also be focused on learning as much as they can about the craft and industry by asking questions, seeking new experiences, and building their knowledge base.
What you’ll do:
- Own communications | Respond quickly and efficiently to requests from Clients and Agency colleagues alike. Write status reports, e-mails, letters and other forms of written communication in an appropriate style - accurate, clear and concise. Communicate verbally in a clear and constructive manner and be able to present in formal meetings.
- Learn and develop | Build an understanding of the Client’s marketing and advertising strategies. Learn to negotiate satisfactory outcomes in conversations with Clients and Agency teams. Develop and nurture contacts in each department within the Agency, at the Client, other Agency partners, and local and global Agency teams.
- Prioritize | Manage the detailed day-to-day running of an account, such as compilation of status reports, securing brand materials, monitoring cost estimates, filing and organizing brand and project related files in a central location etc. Seek information, articles & points of interest relating to the Client, its categories and competition.
Who you are:
- Eager | Whether you're just starting out in your career, or a year or two into agency life, this role is best suited to someone who is ready and willing to learn. Enthusiasm and strong listening skills are appreciated.
- Collaborative | Anticipates and supports the activities of other members of the team. Manages the expectation of colleagues when completing tasks, keeps them up to date on progress, and advises if there is a delay while also facilitating a solution for the situation.
- Detail-oriented | Has an eye for the details; checks and double checks any work, especially final deliverables for perfect accuracy. Rigorously applies Client corporate identity and brand guidelines to all materials. Ensures all creative work is reviewed by the legal team prior to being presented.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 1 year agency experience, or relevant internships.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written.
- A go-getter attitude – no task is too small.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.