Department: New Business
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Presentation Designer to join our New Business team in North America. We are seeking someone who will take full responsibility for the art direction of each presentation on behalf of the New Business team. We are searching for someone who is comfortable creating print materials for pitches and RFP’s on PowerPoint, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud. We are looking for someone who is flexible working within small windows of time and short turnarounds. This role works closely with high-level executives and managing directors, so we are eager to find someone who can take direction and gain feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Work with new business team to identify the goal of presentation and the target audience. Work closely with the printing and editing teams to ensure highest quality materials.
- Identify | Define strengths of the product/service, learn its characteristics, and develop the most effective ways of marketing the product to its designated audience.
- Design | Create original graphic content for pitches and RFP’s using PowerPoint, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Time Manage | Manage time productively to meet deadlines. Juggle each project according to the priorities of the New Business team.
- Sell | Create a connection between your product and the prospect. Express how your product addresses their needs.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity. “In It Together” mindset.
- Builder | Ability and appetite to bring people together through a presentation. Innate ability to create gravity around ideas.
- Team Player | Open to exploring new approaches and ideas.
- Creative Thinker | Analytical and creative minded problem solver with a brain for logic, data, and patterns.
- Fast Paced | Thrives in fast paced situations and can make quick judgment calls based on best practices, brand objectives, and insights.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail. You are organized and have excellent time management skills.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a production or presentation designer in a comparable environment
- Portfolio demonstrating successful presentation documents you have designed
- In-depth knowledge of Powerpoint and Keynote as well as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Very detailed-oriented with impeccable and well-organized digital files
- Deep knowledge of presentation specs, resolution, incorporating video and motion files
- Ability to design comps or charts needed for presentations
- Ability to take a design brief and execute a functional and pleasing presentation
- Ability to articulate a design POV to a large group of stakeholders
- Self-starter and proactive to get the direction and content needed to meet presentation deadlines
- Strong Project Management skills to manage timelines for multiple presentations
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.