Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a successful growing account and its talented team, working with the Western Europe and UK marketing teams at Microsoft to deliver different types of B2B projects. To be successful in this role, you will contribute to the success of every project with the support of the other Project Managers and the Programme Director.
You will be involved in a wide range of projects from the initial creative briefing all the way to final delivery. The overall objective of the role is to ensure the agreed milestones are met whilst keeping projects on schedule and within scope and budget, working toward high efficiencies and flawless execution.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will manage your own projects as well as support Project Managers across 3 different programmes (UK, Western Europe, Customer Stories). Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to review and interrogate briefs, build timing plans and cost estimates, produce Scopes of Work, coordinate the definition of the project team’s profile and manage their time and output. The type of projects you may be working on:
- B2B marketing strategy and insights
- Creative campaigns
- Digital events (strategy, event production, speaker content, registration and demand generation assets, video production)
- Long form content creation (ie e-books/whitepapers/articles/one-pagers)
- Web landing pages creation, performance and content audit, updates
- Email customer journeys and production
- Thought leadership content
- Customer cases (subject matter expert interviews, articles, videos, animations, social assets, sales content, email)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full ownership of your project from start to finish and the people within it (Copywriters, Designers, Developers)
- Own and represent your projects during daily Triage and weekly internal status meetings
- Create, manage and own the project operational environment (ie Microsoft Teams channel) as well as all project documentation, from initial estimation, Statement of Work and project plan, through to change management and status document
- Processes guardian, ensuring all internal processes are understood and adhered to
- Excellent relationship-building with all functional departments: core project management team, leadership, client services, resource, commercial, external vendors, clients, etc.
- Resource booking and management, working closely with resourcing managers
- Track and analyse project progress and, when necessary, adapt project scope, timing plans and costs to ensure that team understands and adheres to the specific project requirements
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Support the Project Managers and Programme Director to continually improve and document processes and propose ways of working efficiencies
- Successful wrap-up of the project, ensuring all key learnings are captured and shared with the wider project and delivery team
- Regular financial reconciliations
- 3rd party vendor management
Who we’re looking for:
- Switched-on Project Manager with project management experience (preferably within an agency environment)
- Strong understanding of basic project management principles
- Demonstrating good leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A great team player with a positive can-do attitude that enjoys finding solutions to problems
- Efficiency driven, successful in adapting to new environments and ways of working
- Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively
- Organisation champion, detail oriented, with great follow through skills
- Personable individual who is not scared of asking questions and challenging the status quo
- Has good knowledge and techniques in workload management, scoping and setting up new projects, resource booking and management, budgeting, project documentation and financial tracking
- Previous experience or good understanding of B2B audiences (C-suite, IT decision makers), brands and project deliverables in similar setup
- Familiar with working in Microsoft Teams
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.