Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Brand Strategist with a user-centered mindset to be responsible for conceptualizing world-class strategy. You are a hyper-creative experience strategist who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts into simple, thoughtful solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences. The Brand Strategist supports the Strategy team in the planning and development of marketing initiatives across all interactive and technology-driven applications that meet client marketing and business objectives in our New York office.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Thinking | Support Strategy team on processes related to client projects and business growth through market planning and key research. Support team in analyzing client competitive positioning, messaging, and overall communications. Communicate specific strategic objectives with clients. Help to manage budgets and timeframes across strategic projects. Coordinate with senior team members on capturing and utilizing research relevant to projects. Assist with the development of personas, project briefs, and strategy plans to support major marketing initiatives. Communicate quantitative and qualitative research with the team and across the agency.
- Client Relations | Assist team with client relations initiatives, including presentations, reports, and meetings. Work with Account Management teams on sell-ins for new project ideas to client and utilize additional agency and network resources
- Team Building | Foster and promote a team working environment. Attend and/or participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary. Collaborate with Account Management to develop schedules and manage project tasks.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year of experience in marketing strategy or planning in the marketing field.
- Marketing experience within a digital agency, consulting firm, and/or boutique strategy firm.
- Exposure to and familiarity with online research techniques preferred.
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office and Internet environments.
- Ability to prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors, and staff members.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building skills.
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to organize people, projects, and information.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance.
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.