Senior Scientific Associate / IMsci
Senior Scientific Associate / IMsci
Department: Medical & Scientific
Location: Stamford, CT, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
IMsci is seeking a Senior Scientific Associate to join the team in our Stamford, CT office. As a Senior Scientific Associate you will work with the scientific team, as well as the Account and Editorial teams, to assist in ensuring the scientific integrity of all client-related projects and new business endeavors. You will provide support to your team in all phases of activity including brainstorming, researching, creating, and revising content.
What you’ll do:
- Research | Conduct literature searches. Research information about physician opinion leaders, medical journals, and conferences.
- Support | Work in partnership with account services counterpart and editorial department. Show an openness to learning more about the medical communications industry. Volunteer to help other work groups to get important/rush projects completed for the good of the company. Assist in creating scientific content. Attend scientific/client meetings together with senior account and science team member.
- Manage | Have a full command of, and adherence to internal processes on all projects. Develop independence in liaising with client and fulfilling client-based requests. Read, familiarize, interpret, and distill for scientific and marketing messages content from medical journal articles and pharmaceutical clinical study reports. Begin to build professional relationships by working and interacting with faculty and key opinion leaders in related therapeutic areas. Incorporate client and editorial changes in documents.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (MD, PhD)
- Minimum of 1 years previous experience at medical communications agency
- Strong professional writing experience in biosciences/medical fields
- Beginner to Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Internet search, Pubmed
- Strong organizational skills
- Curiosity about the medical education/communication business
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Exercises sound judgment
- Manages time effectively and good multi-tasker
- Strong professional work ethic
- Acts as a team member
- Displays a willingness to work overtime, travel, and attend off-hour events within reason
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.