User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Wunderman Thompson Health
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a User Experience Designer in our Kansas City, MO office. The ideal candidate will be a highly-skilled, creative, and energetic web professional to work with our creative technology’s user experience team. As a User Experience Designer, you will provide experience design expertise on a collaborative team, using your skills to improve our client’s user experience and reinforce consistency across multiple websites and other new media projects.
What you’ll do:
- Design | Demonstrate a passion and talent for designing and delivering user-friendly and intuitive information architecture, interaction design, and layout for interactive experiences. Exhibit thorough, detail-oriented attention in creating and notating wireframes, site maps, process flows, and final comps. Possess excellent Sketch skills for wireframing and collaboration with visual designers on final comps and Invision for prototyping.
- Demonstrate Expertise | Exhibit an understanding of current web standards and limitations. Possess knowledge of the wide range of viewports from desktop to mobile and the impact the viewport has on usability and architecture. Help determine the strategic and tactical direction for clients. Enforce consistency of standards across client work and for enterprise. Understanding of user research, usability testing, web analytics.
- Collaborate | Work with UX leadership, developers, strategists, and analysts to produce UX deliverables. Consult on information architecture issues and usability with client and interdisciplinary teams. Evangelize emerging web technologies with product teams. Reinforce internal team and clients on current trends, technology solutions, standards, and implementation methods. Employ excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with business, creative, and development team members.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in User Experience and Design.
- Experience in marketing and advertising.
- Portfolio of UX-related client projects.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.