Associate Content Director
Associate Content Director
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Content Director in our Seattle office for our growing Microsoft B2B account. The Associate Content Director will report into and partner with the Content Director to manage a team of B2B Marketing Writers. You will come up with new content ideas and dole out frequent assignments (e-books, whitepapers, web content, and more) as well as copyedit submitted drafts to ensure that the highest editorial standards are constantly met. You will help oversee the entire content asset lifecycle, including client briefing, brainstorming, assigning, copyediting, proofreading, layout, and delivery. You will also occasionally author content. The ideal candidate is highly organized, an effective communicator, a superb writer and editor, highly knowledgeable in the B2B tech space, and can manage the flow of many assets simultaneously under rigorous deadlines.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Manage and mentor a team of B2B writers.
- Create | Oversee the production of B2B content assets from start to finish and occasionally write pieces.
- Client-facing | Offer strategic and innovating solutions, present creative work, and collaborate with internal team leads.
- Organize | Allocate work to the team and juggle multiple priorities.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability to create bring people together. Possess an innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns. You must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- Subject Matter Expert | You are a skilled and experienced B2B writer and editor. From initial brief you guide the process and team through multiple iterations and edit all work before final delivery.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and be ready to break process. You see technology and insights as tools for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in content/B2B writing and editing, preferably in an agency setting.
- A portfolio that showcases examples of B2B writing and editing.
- Experience managing a team of on-staff or freelance contributors.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, time management, leadership, and line management skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy and work self-directed/independently.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.