Creative Director- Design
Creative Director- Design
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Performance Marketing is seeking a Creative Director with a distinguished visual design background to lead high-profile projects. In this role, you will be the creative force to cultivate and drive great work – making sure talent is engaged and work stays sharp. You will be both a conceptual and strategic thinker, able to nurture and conceive of brilliant ideas while also understanding how those ideas solve business problems. The Creative Director will work closely with account directors, strategists and project managers to ensure that the work is breathtaking in execution, yet delivered on time and on budget.
To be successful in this role, you should be a skilled team leader: able to confidently inspire teams to dream up mind-blowing ideas and executions, as well as provide a calming, rallying influence when deadlines, feedback, and priorities collide. You will provide specific direction to designers with the goal of pushing the work to award-winning levels. This role requires independence and leadership – confidence in your creative sensibilities is key.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- People | Build and lead a team of creative innovators. In addition to overseeing art directors, writers, and designers, you'll act as a mentor and helps develop the growth of those creatives.
- Process | Drive, develop, and deliver presentations, and, when appropriate, take over meetings and influence their outcomes. Anticipate team and client’s needs and project risks, participate in driving resolution. Inspire clients and co-workers through good work, good spirit, and excellent communication.
- Work | Conceptualize new solutions for a digital world. Serve as the creative leader; partner with account director to ensure health of account and account growth. Act as mitigated risk taker, with an insatiable appetite for improvement and creating opportunities.
- Lead & Innovate| Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas, digital tactics, and other marketing activations with a creative team while working on multiple projects.
Who you are:
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire, identify, and nurture the best ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning. You work to provide flexible solutions, allowing the agency to adapt to solve clients’ challenges.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. We value interdisciplinary collaboration and eschew silos, sharing a passion for finding great experiences, challenging existing ones, and crafting the future for brands.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity. Able to learn and adapt to new creative technologies, media platforms, and trends.
- A visionary | Energize and inspire by communicating a compelling client vision, actively managing the development of team members, and promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Hybrid | A leader and a doer – you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in an ego-free environment. We all wear the heads that need wearing. Agile thinker who is proficient at moving between diverse projects.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a creative agency; Minimum of 3 years of senior creative management experience.
- Portfolio featuring a wide range of award-worthy creative work that displays mastery of your craft.
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
- Experience in patient-focused healthcare is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of visual design, art direction, and the creative process. Interaction design and user-centered experience design knowledge is nice to have.
- Proven conceptual and campaign experience; demonstrated success working on integrated campaigns that include digital, social, and/or emerging media.
- Experience managing and directing large-scale video and photoshoots throughout the production process.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change—we need someone who can roll with it.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.