Department: Media Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Media Planner for our Seattle office. The Media Planner helps fulfill the strategic vision for carving new paths for how brands should interact with people and drives ideas into the world in more powerful and impactful ways across all media channels. Media Planners are responsible for translating the investment strategy into an actionable in-market media plan, articulating the role of media for each campaign and stewarding media planning activities for assigned accounts to ensure quality and accuracy.
As Media Planner, you have a strong background in integrated channel planning and will partner closely with the Assistant Media Planner, Sr. Media Planner, Media Supervisor and / or Associate Media Director. You demonstrate excellent organizational and campaign management skills, strong strategic and analytical capacity, and a deep curiosity into what’s new and emerging in the media industry.
What you’ll do:
- Shape | Surface interesting or emerging ideas that may be relevant to specific clients. Inform media management processes, and help senior team members execute new processes and best practices.
- Develop | Develop integrated communication plan recommendations. Deliver POVs / position papers on key client issues. Make appropriate recommendations for the maintenance or growth of the media plan based on client objectives and goals. Develop measurement plans aligned with client objectives and communications plans.
- Analyze | Understand advanced methodology and data behind 3rd party research tools and run reports to assist in media recommendation development. Gather, analyze and disseminate data to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations. Collaborate with Data Strategy team to ensure transparency on campaign performance and surface holistic insights.
- Execute | Responsible for execution of cross-channel communication plans. QA and troubleshoot during campaign implementation process. Maintain accurate budget control and pacing of approved media plans. Responsible for pulling and analyzing media performance data, and surfacing insights and optimization recommendations. Develop performance reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Collaborate | Work with intra-departmental teams across the organization and client teams to provide holistic, integrated solutions. Support Senior team members in training and developing junior staff.
Who you are:
- An Innovator | Display a proactive solution-oriented approach to client challenges. Your thinking demonstrates creativity that is drawn from your experience of best practices in media and knowledge of a client's business.
- Team-Oriented | Act with high integrity to maintain strong, collaborative, productive working relationships across all agency departments, clients, sales representatives and media partners.
- An Excellent Communicator | Demonstrate strong presentation skills. Be a trusted, valued partner to your teammates. Actively participate in cross team & discipline ideation and brainstorms.
- Passionate | Enthusiastic and willing to work hard. You participate in team, agency, and industry initiatives.
- Detail-Oriented | Strong attention to detail, with clear and proven organizational skills.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Media Planning.
- Experience planning/executing a broad range of channels inclusive of OOH, TV, Radio, Dig Video/Audio, Display, Social.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency.
- Ability to work within a team, handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry trends through trade news, industry workshops/seminars and track current events.
- Digitally savvy, with specific proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working within 3rd party ad server tools such as Atlas, DCM, Sizmek is a strong plus.
- Experience using online tools such as ComScore, Ad Intel and Party Ad Serving Technologies. Familiarity with offline tools such as Scarborough, Simmons/MRI, Strata or other broadcast buying software and SQAD is a plus.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.