Talent Acquisition Director Benelux
Talent Acquisition Director Benelux
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
As a recognized pioneer of our industry, Wunderman Thompson focuses on Inspiration as our ‘north star’ and as a catalyst to success; moving people from apathy to possibility. We believe strongly that inspiration takes specialized expertise, diverse perspectives, and the application of creativity to all problem solving.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, Benelux, you will partner with senior leadership, the People Team and local hiring leads to ensure that Wunderman Thompson delivers world class recruiting across our office locations in Antwerp, Brussels and Amsterdam. Given the fresh Benelux integration, you will be responsible for developing the overall talent acquisition strategy and working with the local teams to optimize the hiring and talent pipeline model.
You will lead the search process for a number of critical senior hires in varied locations as required and will continuously track and court key talent (inter)nationally in line with both business growth and succession planning requirements.
You will be responsible for leading Talent Acquisition initiatives across the organisation whilst working closely to support the executive leadership teams and Senior Managers to meet their business needs. This requires a fast-paced strategic approach alongside a roll-up-your sleeves attitude and delivery focus.
You will partner with the People team locally and regionally to ensure all talent mobility opportunities are optimized and a clear protocol is in place.
Deliverables – KPI’s:
- Meet current and future recruitment needs by managing recruitment strategies, best practices recruitment policies, procedures and processes in the Benelux.
- Ensure Wunderman Thompson hires and retains top talent
- Nurture a culture of service, credibility, partnership and innovative hiring techniques.
- Personally lead /manage the recruitment process for a number of critical hires (inter)nationally as required.
- Is an ambassador for Wunderman Thompson in candidate interviews and meetings with prospective talent
- Ensure Wunderman Thompson employer brand is successfully promoted in the region.
- Provide coaching and tools to assist the hiring managers and interviews teams with the selection process
- Ensure the accurate reporting of recruiting metrics by region
Strategy & business change
- Strategic recruitment planning aligned to business growth
- Ensure the recruiting and hiring process is thorough, efficient, and appropriately scalable
- Partner with global marketing on employer branding programs
- Partner with key senior managers, resourcing and finance to define and prioritize, local hiring plans
- Lead the recruiting function to deliver a flawless, efficient and consistent recruitment service.
- Manage relationships with recruitment partners
- Develop external talent maps for business critical/leadership roles
- Demonstrate excellence in implementing and using Wunderman Thompson new e-recruitment system. Experience of Workday would be useful as we begin our global implementation.
- Lead locations to keep current role profiles
- Partner with HR to identify talent gaps / succession planning
- Partner with HR to ensure an efficient talent mobility program.
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong recruitment background with experience managing a busy (in-house) recruitment function
- Experience in fast-paced media / creative environment essential (agency experience ideal)
- Ideally educated to degree standard
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- High degree of flexibility, with the ability to manage workload within a fluid environment
- Results orientated and delivery focused.
Our personality and behaviors
We believe we are what we do, not just what we say. Our behaviors show how to bring the Wunderman Thompson culture to life through the actions we take every day.
- Listening – We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
- In It Together – We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
- Creative Bravery – We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
- Positivity – We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and energy to every situation we encounter.
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond and always push our thinking to be better. We believe this is what makes Wunderman Thompson a great place to be - we have no egos, just talented people who want to do the best work of their career.
- You’ll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You’ll be energetic, roll your sleeves up and get involved – there’s loads of great stuff to build!
- You’ll be collaborative, working with people across our region departments to get the very best outcome.
- You’ll own it, taking responsibility for the work you deliver.
- You’ll be generous with your time, support the wider business and get involved in initiatives outside of the day-to-day.
- You’ll just know what’s needed in this role, and you get stuck in. Your experience will speak for itself
- You’ll have demonstrable experience maximizing operating efficiencies and experience leading and large change projects
- You’ll have an excellent understanding of local legislation.
- Building the core elements of employee experience will excite you and you will get a kick out of building brilliant touch points which set the perfect conditions to allow our people to do their best work.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners/Advisors, Recruiters and IT to deliver people orientated solutions regardless of reporting lines, and experience working in a community- based set up or matrix environment will be essential, and you’ll be comfortable working this way
- Solution Orientated – You’ll rise to the challenge when faced with challenges, consider the risks and motivate the team to deliver in the face of adversity
What you’ll get from working with us
You’ll be joining a super, talented team. You’ll establish yourself as a trusted partner and work closely with our wider People team throughout the Benelux.
We’ll support you in a culture where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your differences and diversity of background to add to it, which is why we have a range of initiatives driven by our employees.
You’ll be working with around 250 brilliant minds across the Benelux. Our learning culture with regular lunchtime lessons, training programs and our employee development approach puts you on career path with clear objectives and empowers you to talk about your longer-term ambitions. Our aim is to help you do your best work at Wunderman Thompson, and know if you ever choose to leave us, you’ll leave better than when you joined.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.