Chief People Officer Benelux
Chief People Officer Benelux
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson is seeing a Benelux Chief People Officer (CPO) who will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance in developing and executing the Human Resources strategy in support of the Wunderman Thompson Benelux business plan and strategic direction, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, talent management, organisational development, performance management, training and development, employee relations and compensation. The CPO reports directly to the Benelux CEO with a dotted line to the EMEA CPO.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that human resources plan, and strategies are effectively communicated and support the achievement of the Benelux Region’s growth and strategic objectives but are also flexible enough for local market adoption and implementation.
- Utilise tools such as engagement surveys and client satisfaction surveys to ensure country market and regional leadership remains focused on retention and growth of our teams.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the People Team leaders in each of the Benelux markets ensuring a high-performing People team through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship and coaching.
- Oversee the regional People COE functions of total rewards, learning and organisational development, people operations and talent acquisition.
- Partner with the EMEA People team to identify, develop, and implement standardised processes, policies, and procedures across all markets to help drive a premium employee experience in all of our locations.
- Partner with the business to create a culture of strong managers and leaders who prioritise ongoing performance and career management discussions.
- Build solid relationships with market CEO’s and employees to create an employee-oriented culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, and employee engagement.
- Analyse trends and metrics to recommend and implement gold-standard tools, practices and systems that attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Ensure all local process and policies are compliant with local legislation
- Provide day to day advice to managers on all people related issues including employee relations, employee engagement, career development, compensation plans etc.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a People Leadership management role, supporting a creative and/or professional services business.
- Languages : a good working knowledge of Dutch and English
- Past experience working in a multi-location business within Benelux is a plus.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and inspire a remote team in different markets.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise workload with strong follow-through.
- Interest in taking the initiative to continually improve all HR programs, policies, and processes.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities and experience in operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is constant and demanding, and clear structure/process may not be apparent.
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to tell a story and make recommendations.
- Data minded, with an interest and understanding of new technology systems.
- Location : you'll be based in Antwerp, and will spend time as needed in our Amsterdam and Brussels Office
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.