Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who you are:
- A weirdo | We are proud to be an open, diverse place where people feel inspired to learn and express their own ideas.
- Diverse | Bringing together people of various backgrounds with different life experiences can generate ideas or perspectives that others may not have ever considered or been aware of.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity
Where your focus will be
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. You’ll be the point person for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project, product and development teams for the new .com experience. Review team deliverables. Provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as POSSIBLE sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices.
What you will do:
- Manage project related client communication; support the senior account team in the RFP process, participate in client presentations, and manage expectations from delivery point-of-view
- Communicate expectations to project team members and manage the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and/or development, testing and launch
- Organize and facilitate project related meetings (internal & client) and collect, organize, and communicate meeting notes
- Create and oversee project schedule; ensure timely completion through the entire lifecycle of the project; take lead on quality control issues; write and present project plans/risks in collaboration with other team members
- Collect, log, and communicate project resource need forecasts. Review, and approve project resource timesheets, expenses, and invoices
- Understand and control project scope, and apply change management practices and processes as required
- Work with the production / discipline leads to ensure projects are completed within budget, schedule, and scope
What you’ll need:
- Digital / mobile agency or software developer company background
- 2+ years industry experience
- Ability to accurately scope and schedule complex creative and development projects
- Proven organizational and planning skills, must be precise and detail oriented
- Ability to develop his/her understanding of emerging web/mobile standards, and user-centered design practices
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence and the ability to achieve an excellent level within 1 year
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies and the ability to achieve expert level in 2 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we offer you:
- Award-winning office in Budapest
- Friendly, small team
- International projects
- Annual team building events
- International training possibilities
- Remote work opportunity (even if you live in Budapest)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.