Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Wunderman Thompson Technology
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Bydgoszcz, Poland
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Technology applies technology to lay the foundations for this growth. We design, build, manage and run the complex technology ecosystems that give organisations the technical capabilities that fuel their growth. And we don’t just build the technology, we help them to work in new ways to get the most out of it, so they can focus on putting their customers at the heart of the experience. We provide an end-to-end service across three core capabilities; customer acquisition, customer experience and commerce.
Each project is a new challenge with unique customer needs – that’s why we’re looking for a superhero, who can keep the customer and the team happy! Can you find the right balance between being agile and meeting projects requirements? Finding connection between things that are sometimes contradictory sounds exciting for you? Or maybe you are naturally curious, engage people and ponder ideas that are outside usual, comfortable approach? Yes? Scroll down then – it seems that we have some good news for you!
As a part of our team you will:
- Deliver complex projects for well recognized global brands (such as Ford, Unilever) ranging from £50k to £5M
- Work with the international customer, communicate with them daily to align plans for the project
- Work closely with development teams and multiple streams and agencies from the project definition through implementation to successful closure of the project
- Present our solutions to clients as well as contribute to client proposals and quotes
- Determine ways of working and influence end to end delivery process
- Manage and control costs: set-up a baseline, plan cost burndown and track budget usage against the plan. Track and report on changes.
- Follow the best Agile and PMBOK practices
What we deal with in our current projects:
- Working on complex projects based on Marketing Technologies (Adobe, Sitecore)
- Well defined project management approach with supporting templates, internal processes, modern tools and governance
- Defining features and services to be delivered including underlying solution, software delivery and quality processes
- Initiating the project, plan and manage scope, budget and schedule, communication, risk, issues and changes
- Assessing progress using the Earned Value technique (% complete)
- Managing distributed teams from all over the world
- Constant development, based on feedback received and shared with teammates
What you will bring :
- Min 2 years of Project Management experience with the development teams
- Proven experience in software development life-cycle of web based applications as well as risk, scope and budget management
- Leadership skills - problem solving, inspiring and leading the team
- Knowledge of PM methodologies (e.g PMBOK) and Agile methodology (e.g. Kanban and Scrum)
- Very good communication skills, genuine interest in technology and insatiable need for knowledge and desire to understand
- Excellence in English (C2 level)
What we offer you:
- Onboarding program and designated mentor who will support your career in WTT
- A flexible work location (super secure office or home office)
- Budget for training and development (workshops, conferences, certifications, coaching, mentoring)
- Internal knowledge sharing and team initiatives (hackathons, lightning talks, mentoring, team and company-wide retreats)
- A benefit package which includes: cafeteria system MyBenefit, private health care (Luxmed VIP package), additional paid days off as an anniversary reward
- Office and online integration events and team building activities (barbecue, workshops, yoga classes, RPG games etc.)
- Co-financing from the social fund - holidays, kindergarten and nursery
- Relocation package
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.