Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Media Services
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a SEM/SEO Strategist in our Kansas City, MO office. The SEM/SEO Strategist will support our strategy practice and brand teams as we develop compelling strategies for our clients’ businesses that unleash the potential of their brands, with an emphasis on Search Engine Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Develop and execute SEM/SEO strategies, with particular attention paid to Search Engine Marketing. Execute tests, collect, and analyze data, and identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns. Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
- Collaborate | Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code. Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming. Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords. Communicate with clients, internal teams, and management on project development, timelines, and results to meet client goals.
- Research & report | Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities. Research and recommend search engine optimizations – executing across 20 SEO audit types. Research and analyze competitor advertising links. Keep pace with Search Engine Marketing industry trends and developments. Create presentations on recommendations and results.
Who you are:
- Disciplined | Possess a passion for SEM and an outstanding ability to think creatively and identify and resolve problems. Employ attention to detail and effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere. Able to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points both verbally and through digital presentations to internal and external teams. Demonstrate high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation. Possess excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Take care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of SEM experience managing PPC (Pay Per Click) campaigns across Google and Bing, experience with healthcare/health insurance clients preferred.
- Proven SEO/SEM experience.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML applications; advanced Excel skills helpful.
- Experience with website analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience with industry tools such as Google Webmaster Tools, keyword research tools, tracking tools and ranking tracking.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Ability to analyze website marketing KPIs, data, and numbers.
- Working understanding of website development, design, and user experience.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.