Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager with a breadth and depth of expertise to champion digital and social work across multiple social platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work with a newly acquired technology client and help shape their business and brand in the social media space. The Senior Project Manager will acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. You must have a strong creative sensibility, a genuine interest in the digital and social media landscapes, and a hands-on understanding of content production for all channels. The ideal candidate will have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully deliver excellent work.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is on time, on budget AND goes beyond the brief. You will be responsible for setting up plans and processes that drive projects forward and ensure successful delivery with high client satisfaction.
- People | Motivate, direct, and challenge teams to produce great work. You will be responsible for establishing and managing cross-functional teams across different locations that are collaborative, efficient, and high-functioning.
- Process | Establish and manage project communication and process. You will be responsible for setting up appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across agency and client teams.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning, and profitability. You will own detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; and report on project status, burn rates, budgets, and reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- A builder | Process-oriented and an innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice. Ability and appetite to bring people together to create and inspire solutions.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A Strong Communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in advertising or marketing communications in a client-facing role, ideally at a creative/digital agency or similar.
- Proven track record in driving creative solutions and digital/social content creation.
- Technology experience is preferred. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Experience working in an Agile framework, Agile certification preferred.
- Knowledge of social and mobile content creation and requirements for different channels.
- Some experience working with Sprinklr or similar social CXM/CMS platform.
- Experience working on large-scale projects with multiple workstreams and diverse teams (Strategy, Creative, Account, Research, and Data) across remote offices.
- Comfortable leading team and client meetings; ability to tailor communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.