Global Sustainability Manager
Global Sustainability Manager
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to advancing our sustainability practices and supporting our clients in their journey to a sustainability future for all. In this newly created role, you have ownership of Wunderman Thompson’s sustainability strategy. You will partner with key stakeholders to lead in developing and implementing our sustainability strategic framework under the defined pillars – People, Planet, Clients, and Community. You’ll assess potential risks, plan mitigation, implement, and follow up with various stakeholders as necessary.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to execute capabilities and promote sustainability awareness across levels, functions, and regional locations. Candidates are strong project managers who can both stay on task and pivot quickly to deliver progress reports in a timely manner.
This role will report to the Global Chief Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Officer and can be located in New York or London.
- As a subject matter expert, document the sustainability strategy, drive awareness of leading a responsible and sustainable business
- Oversee definition of long-term goals and measure and track performance
- Establish a process to collect and disseminate sustainability-related information for internal and external communication purposes.
- Liaison with WPP on sustainability strategy, goals, and progress and serve as the point of contact
- Work cross-functionally with different functions, such as IE&D, Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Communications, and our regional teams, etc. to actualize the strategy
- Monitor and research trend reports, policy changes, and new regulations to identify potential impact on strategy
- Knowledgeable about corporate sustainability practices
- Strong understanding of social, economic, and environmental sustainability impact of business operations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing and leading sustainability strategy; corporate social responsibility, corporate citizenship
- Ability to prepare reports and recommendations based on cross-functional feedback
- Project management, strategic, and operational skills
- Self-drive, collaborative approach
- Stakeholder management and ability to take own initiative
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.