Technical Product Owner - Remote
Technical Product Owner - Remote
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour and Turner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile app space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you!
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) is seeking a Technical Product Owner responsible for partnering with product owners, product stakeholders and project teams to inform and establish the technical implementation details, as well as prepare technical and functional requirements documentation for application development. You will be integrated with your project teams to facilitate knowledge transfer and provide clarity to user stories.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Product Owners or Stakeholders to translate product inputs into technical and functional implementation details and write user stories that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Team | Develop and maintain strong relationships with project team members and external stakeholders.
- Process | Identify and document process improvement opportunities and translate them into requirements specifications to support business needs and participate and lead as necessary project ceremonies.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant Product Ownership, Business Analyst, or Systems Analyst experience in an agile setting.
- Strong technical writing skills with the ability to quickly understand and analyze business processes and flows and present that information back to non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and motivation to learn new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read some programming code (both front and back end).
- Expert prioritization skills; able to manage tasks on behalf of the project team, while managing and owning backlogs in JIRA.
- Leadership and mentoring skills; able to provide guidance to others and step in to lead processes where needed.
- Demonstrate empathy, confidence, negotiation and decision-making skills under pressure.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge of mobile app development.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Familiarity with OmniGraffle or other data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, and Connected Platforms.
- Familiarity with Charles Proxy or other proxy tools.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.