Department: Media Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Media Supervisor for our Seattle office. The Media Supervisor displays a proactive, creative, and solution-oriented approach to client challenges. You will think innovatively and demonstrate knowledge and experience of industry best practices. You will develop strategic plans that are driven by today’s landscape of emerging media and technology. You will show leadership to our team, agency, and clients, and will be a conduit for the flow of ideas and collaboration with all other departments and groups within WT.
What you’ll do:
- Shape | Responsible for learning the client’s business inside and out and staying abreast of industry and competitor information. Proactively expand and share knowledge across the organization through industry research, events, and vendor / publisher meetings. Identify opportunities to improve infrastructure and processes. Have a strong voice within the media team, leading client business internally and externally.
- Develop | Creatively author media strategies that articulate how people will experience, share, and interact with a message/content based on the client’s campaign and business objectives. Guide, review and pressure test tactical plan development. Define campaign and media measurement plans in partnership with Account, Creative and Data Strategy teams. Develop and lead reporting structure, templates, cadence and optimizations and recommendations. Help develop and approve media planning timelines.
- Analyze | Analyze and disseminate data to provide sound, strategic consumer insights-driven media recommendations. Responsible for media performance aligning with campaign measurement plans. Collaborate with Data Strategy team to ensure transparency on campaign performance and surface holistic campaign insights. Present insights and recommendations directly to clients.
- Communicate | Demonstrate strong presentation skills. Serve as a key client contact to receive the client requests, investigate proposed and alternative solutions to maximize client objectives and identify and/or resolve any execution issues. Lead cross team & discipline ideation and brainstorms and ensure application to strategies/tactical plans. Provide regular, constructive feedback to junior team members to help them grow.
- Manage | Manage team of Planners and / or Assistants as assigned, and participate in hiring and evaluation process. Train junior staff in media and marketing discipline as well as the specifics of the client’s business and industry. Guide team members on strategic bodies of work. Remove barriers for team that are getting in the way of day-to-day work. Pressure test tactical recommendations made by Sr. Planners / Planners / Assistant Media Planners.
Who you are:
- Innovative | Display a proactive innovation-oriented approach to client challenges. Your thinking demonstrates creativity that is drawn from your experience of best practices in media and knowledge of a client's business.
- Team-Oriented | Act with high integrity to maintain strong, collaborative, productive working relationships across all agency departments, clients, sales representatives and media partners. Ability to lead and thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment; carves paths forward and eliminates barriers for team members. Experience managing, coaching, and developing individuals and workflow.
- Passionate | Enthusiastic and creative in the way you approach your work. You actively participate in brainstorms and seek out ways to build on the ideas from the Creative teams.Demonstrated passion for our client’s business.
- Inspiring | You are good at making things easier to understand, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You demonstrate the ability to translate and present complicated ideas in a simple, and easy to understand style. You inspire and influence others to push the boundaries of their thinking and ideas.
- Critical Thinker | Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities - ability to think unconventionally in proposing opportunities or solutions to issues.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Media Planning.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing junior team members.
- Experience planning/leading the execution of a broad range of channels inclusive of OOH, TV, Radio, Dig Video/Audio, Display, Social.
- Full Funnel experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives.
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency.
- Ability to lead a team, handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry trends through trade news, industry workshops / seminars and track current events.
- Digitally savvy, with specific proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working within 3rd party ad server tools such as Atlas, DCM, Sizmek.
- Experience using online tools such as ComScore, Ad Intel and Party Ad Serving Technologies. Familiarity with offline tools such as Scarborough, Simmons/MRI, Strata or other broadcast buying software and SQAD is preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.