Sr. SEO Specialist
Sr. SEO Specialist
Department: Media Services
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Performance Marketing is seeking digital media experts with vision and focus on results. Our SEO Specialists create paths for each client by evaluating stated goals/objectives and providing performance based solutions for owned media. To do this effectively, the SEO Specialist must keep an active pulse on digital trends and tactics to create both short and long-term strategies that encourage client retention alongside immediate goal accomplishments.
As a Sr. SEO Specialist, you will serve as an SEO expert seamlessly uniting our content and development practices to drive search engine rank performance, traffic, engagement and conversions for our most strategic clients.
What you’ll do:
- Work I Be the SEO expert, particularly as it relates to the technical aspects (e.g. able to implement structured markup, provide detailed instructions for handling server errors and poor page speed, etc.). Perform full SEO site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.). Perform full keyword research and develop related strategies. Determine KPIs for each recommendation.
- Team | Work collaboratively with everyone on your team and do everything you can do to fulfill the client’s desired results. Bring paid, owned, and earned media together to create cohesive interactions within the spaces. Communicate effectively across the organization, internally and externally. Research and create POVs on SEO trends and new channels (e.g. mobile, apps, and voice recognition), and then educate internal team members and clients.
- Client | Work to support the team’s primary client and help with other client work as needed. It is our job to make great work and secure wins for Wunderman Thompson and the client. We do this by creating great work, communicating well, and delivering on expectations.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Learner | A curious nature and self-driven to learn and explore.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 4 years working hands on in technical SEO.
- Must have a proven track record of driving results (SERP rank, traffic, engagement and conversions).
- Proficient in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google, Adobe, Coremetrics, etc.).
- Expertise in Google and Bing Search Consoles.
- Knowledge of multiple CMS platforms (e.g. AEM, SiteCore, Wordpress).
- Clear communication skills in multiple forms (e.g. verbal, e-mail, powerpoint and in-person presentations).
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.