Midweight UI Designer
Midweight UI Designer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Here’s a chance for you to create world-class experiences for some of the best brands out there. You’ll get to work closely with strategy, UX, design and technology teams to create digital products and services that change the way people think, buy or even behave.
We’re looking for someone passionate about all aspects of the design process – concepting, designing, prototyping – refining until every piece meets the highest standards of quality.
You can’t wait to solve problems, come up with stellar ideas and obsess about the details. Creative and clever, but also analytical and clear, you have a grand vision for the spectacular and a passion for detail. You work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change.
Highly collaborative, you work in closely knit teams to push things just a little bit further.
What you’ll probably get up to
- Work with multidisciplinary teams on a range of products, designing experiences people want, need and love.
- Make the case for what you believe in, always advocating for people.
- Work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change.
- Get involved in workshops and presentations, developing relationships and working towards good outcomes.
- Be an expert, continually learning about people, design and technology, helping colleagues improve their design practice.
- Role model positive, progressive ways of working with all areas of the business – facilitating an environment to deliver quality at pace.
- Stay stubbornly curious.
You’ll likely have knowledge and expertise in these areas
- Creation of visual concepts, aligned with strategy.
- Work closely with UX and strategy teams to define direction and craft moments of delight.
- Knowledge of design processes, methodologies, accessibility standards and best practice.
- Knowledge of the core foundations of graphic design. Rapid delivery of various design templates without prior influence.
- Integrate beautiful, meaningful and seamless motion, animation and interaction into our products.
- Choose powerful images with clear intention, helping to engage the user through relevance and delight.
- Understanding of how to use, rationalise and attribute colour swatches across design systems.
- Execution of consistent and appropriate icons and icon sets for use both online and offline use.
- Prototyping: Produce visual proof of concepts showcasing design development, team reviews and user testing demonstration and feedback.
- Presentation: Ability to craft and deliver engaging presentations that inspire audiences and drive results
- Keynote & PowerPoint
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.