Business Director (B2B)
Business Director (B2B)
Department: Client Services
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Business Director to lead the day-to-day management of a new global B2B technology client across North America. This is a fantastic opportunity to help build a brand from the ground up. The Business Director will ensure all work streams are seamlessly working together to deliver the most impactful, creatively driven brand communications across the greater integrated agency team.
You’ll have a pulse on the client work and the team, continuously strategizing ways to elevate the deliverables. You’ll be eager to bring people together and play a leadership role in building new best practices. This is a hands on role with no task too big or too small.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Account leadership to manage day-to-day communications that will be essential to achieving client goals. You’ll be a part of a team that is generating fast turn campaigns with measurable impact. You’ll be the point person for day to day client communications.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project teams. Partner with Project Management, Creative, Strategy and Data teams to elevate the caliber of the work and client relationship.
- Process | Find innovative ways to build new best practices and push the business forward.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. A self-starter.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | we all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A Minimum of 10+ years of account management experience at a creative, digital or social agency.
- Proven experience leading complex, fast moving integrated global campaigns. Technology experience preferred.
- Passion for building relationships and pushing the business forward with a proven track record of client relationship development and management.
- Exceptional ability to bridge communications among internal/client teams and to present ideas and work persuasively.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.