Lead Designer - Remote
Lead Designer - Remote
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour, Hasbro and Tuner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) is seeking a Remote Lead Designer to own creative deliverables on projects from discovery to production. Independently implement primary design direction that incorporate best practices in native mobile design and technology for more than one client/project at a time. In this role as a Designer, you would lead a team of designers from concept to asset delivery for native mobile environments. You will need to have design experience with native platforms such as Android, iOS, and Connected Devices. The Designer should be passionate about and ready to evangelize, native mobile best practices to clients and team members.
What you'll do:
- Design | Create original strategy and design from concepts.
- Teamwork | Be able to collaborate with team members on efforts in others through to project completion.
- Technology | Set standards with multiple approaches of mobile strategy to solve client problems, meet KPI's and generate original visual direction.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of UI/UX Native Mobile Design experience.
- Demonstrate competence with design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch.
- Experience with After Effects, Sketch, XD and Prototyping.
- Be able to concept and collaborate on strategy ideas, user testing, project timelines, budgets and user experience.
- Experiment with multiple approaches to mobile strategy and design in order to achieve user and client goals.
- Demonstrate mastery of layout, typography, mobile technology and standards, and new creative arenas as they emerge.
- Understand technical possibilities, technical workflows, and technical limitations of app development, with an emphasis on UX and UI.
- Have a general understanding of platform constraints as they affect mobile design and emerging technologies.
- 3D modeling experience.
- Motion design experience.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.