Media Project Manager
Media Project Manager
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
We are open to remote locations
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking a Media Project Manager with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing media campaign timelines, quality of work and project profitability. You will oversee that project deliverables map to the business objectives. You must have the dual ability to maintain the broad vision required for executing a project, including strategic thinking & leadership from beginning to end, as well as the talent for overseeing all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction. You are a problem solver and are comfortable navigating ambiguity and defining next steps for your fellow team members.
What you’ll do:
- Partner | Work with project leads to ensure project is successfully within budget, timeline, and scope.
- Workflow | Manage project profitability; plan, track and approve project expenses, billing and invoices. Oversee the creation of goals and strategy throughout project.
- Communicate | Manage expectations to client, team members and manage the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and development, testing and launch.
- Develop | Create and oversee project schedules; ensure timely completion through all phases; take lead on quality control issues; write and present project plans/risks in collaboration with other team members and develop required documentation for all projects.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of project and delivery management experience in advertising or marketing communications.
- PMP certification is nice to have.
- Media planning or buying experience is preferred.
- Experience working in Advertising agencies on media accounts.
- Self-driven with proven experience working with media teams across offices.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including presenting work and the ability to link people (including team members and stakeholders), ideas, and information throughout a project life.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.