Talent Acquisition Operations Partner EMEA
Talent Acquisition Operations Partner EMEA
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
WE ARE WUNDERMAN THOMPSON
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for its clients and its people. Using end-to-end solutions at a global scale, our entrepreneurial spirit infuses creativity with emerging technology to deliver revolutionary results. Headquartered in New York, we are a worldwide agency bringing together over 20,000 people in 90 markets across the globe.
In the face of rapid change in digital marketing, clients are looking for simpler solutions spanning the full range of digital marketing. So, during 2017/18, to address this, we invested and brought together our entire network of growing businesses across the region (Wunderman, POSSIBLE, Salmon, 2Sales, Acceleration, Cognifide, Marketplace Ignition, and Fuse Pump), and have now integrated world class agency J. Walter Thompson, creating a truly integrated creativity, data and technology offering underpinned by some of the best specialist resources available in the market. The subsequent result is giving clients seamless access to a range of services which span advertising, digital strategy, experience design, ecommerce, CRM, content, marketing technology and digital transformation consulting.
As a recognised pioneer of our industry, Wunderman Thompson focuses on Inspiration as our ‘north star’ and as a catalyst to success; moving people from apathy to possibility. We believe strongly that inspiration takes specialised expertise, diverse perspectives, and the application of creativity to all problem solving.
Check out our work here: https://www.wundermanthompson.com/
Talent Acquisition is not a new function at Wunderman Thompson and certainly not for WPP. We have a plethora of recruitment talent running through our network. What we lack at WT is the community feel to the TA operation. To help create a more joined-up way of working, we have made three key regional hires in Talent Acquisition.
A Global Head of Talent Acquisition and two TA Directors to oversee our largest regions – EMEA and North America.
These three people will create a triumphant that will deliver a talent strategy globally and bring together a community of recruiters within Wunderman Thompson.
In the EMEA region, we have specific nuances that need to be thought about, whether its languages, cultural trends or market relevant skill sets. We have 32 locations across this region with several dedicated Talent Acquisition specialists situated throughout EMEA.
The role of the Talent Operations Partner is to support our TA Director for EMEA. This person will be a hybrid Recruiter and Ops Manager. One half of this role is to conduct recruitment searches for roles at a variety of levels. The other half is to execute the strategies set in place by the EMEA TA Community, feeding in from the overall Global TA Strategy. This will include process rollout, creation of content for our website and social channels, platform management and ATS ownership (more on that later).
Ideally this person will have spent some time working in an HR operations role or perhaps as a Talent Acquisition Ops specialist, as well as having been a hands of Recruiter at some point in their career too. We expect this person to love process, as they will be tasked with owning the roll out of key tools to the Community, such as our ATS (currently Greenhouse), Careers Page and Internal Mobility site.
Experience with creating PowerPoint presentations is key, as we expect this person to create decks that support the strategies put in place by the regional TA Directors. This should be backed up with a creative eye and strong writing capabilities. Crafting a good story is a huge part of what we do in Talent Acquisition, and we expect this person to be driving our message forwards.
- Identifying and securing best in class talent out in the EMEA market
- Join and lead briefing meetings with key stakeholders to understand in detail their hiring needs, considering cultural nuances and specific requirements by location.
- Managing a portfolio open hires across the EMEA region.
- Use the appropriate channels and methods for sourcing / mapping candidates based on business needs
- Developing more complex sourcing techniques for those hard to fill roles
- Manage a portfolio of candidates by remaining in close contact with individuals actively and passively seeking a new position
- Pipelining Exec/Leadership level talent for our office locations
- Conducting interviews with candidates, both face to face, via video call or by phone
- Build up comprehensive knowledge of where the best talent in market could be found, through competitor analysis, market analysis and relevant event attendance.
- Begin to cultivate a data / insights driven approach to what we do, using this to help influence the right hiring decisions and make the right strategic plays for talent pooling. This can be run through our ATS reporting tools.
- Seen as ‘Super-User’ of our ATS system and Careers Pages
- Train the TA Community in best practice on the ATS
- Build relationships with the People & Talent Team across EMEA, creating a centre of excellence for hiring and onboarding.
- DE&I reporting and time to hire stats
- Involvement in Early Career programme creation and delivery for WT
- Some assistance with diary management /interview setup for TA Director and key stakeholders
- Recruitment or sourcing experience, ideally within the Creative sector
- Ideally some in-house Agency experience
- Ability to quickly understand longer term hiring needs and immediate job briefs
- A strong solutions focus attitude
- Excellent platform skills and an operational mindset
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems and Candidate Management Systems - Greenhouse or WorkDay would be a bonus
- A problem solving mind set with a desire to grow these skills
- Track record of building positive strong working business relationships
- Some experience with project management within TA process roll outs
- An enthusiastic team player contributing to a positive work environment
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Office365 skills
- Drive and flexibility for working in an ever changing environment
- Solid interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.