Senior BI Analyst
Senior BI Analyst
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Wunderman Thompson Commerce,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online retailers and marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
Who we are looking for:
The Sr. BI Analyst is a critical role to innovate and grow the analytics that support our client’s eCommerce and retail media growth initiatives through advanced reporting, dashboards, and statistical analyses. They acquire and combine data from multiple online data sources to manage our analytics reporting, data visualizations, and custom analyses. Our analytics products and services serve both internal and external/client stakeholders with the goal of driving incremental revenue growth on Amazon and other major eCommerce channels through data-driven optimizations.
The Sr. BI Analyst also works closely with broader agency teams including Marketing, Content, Operations, and Business Development to provide data-driven insights and new solutions. They innovate and thrive in an analytical and creative environment where collaboration, client service, and new analytics development initiatives are leveraged in a data-driven approach to our product & service offerings
We are open to remote locations
What you’ll do:
- Build | Build and manage client-facing BI products & services including recurring reports and analytics
- Measure | Act as a media performance measurements expert including cross-retail media analytics. Measurement and analysis of offsite media including video, social, offsite, display, streaming tv, etc.
- Optimize | Optimize and streamline Power BI and Excel reports by helping identify and implement programmatic dashboard solutions that further automate our products and services
- Identify | Identify and implement internal process improvements to automate or optimize manual processes, data delivery, and design/support of the data infrastructure for greater scalability
- Collaborate | Work with Marketing, Media, Content, Operations, and Business Development teams on their reporting and analysis requests, as well as ongoing analytics improvements as needed. Collaborate with teams and client on Test & Learn projects including A/B and multivariate testing using statistics models and software
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance. Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, competitive landscapes, and trends and apply insights to enable clients to compete efficiently.
- Motivated l Has a sense of urgency and is an adaptive self-starter with the ability to work across different initiatives. Has a high bar for quality, takes ownership and drives accountability across the organization.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient l Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Detail Oriented l Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Excellent Communicator l Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to intake simple and complex problems, listen, find the appropriate solutions, and teach to internal and external teams why your solutions will work and why they continue to work (or need adapting) once implemented.
What you'll need:
- 2-5 years advanced proficiency with dashboard development and implementation in Power BI (preferred) or Tableau, including related data transformation and mapping in SQL or Power Query
- 2-4 years of experience with building and sharing analytics reporting across relevant industries including eCommerce, cross-retail media, digital marketing, content analytics, and/or and supply chain KPIs
- 1-2 years of experience with Amazon APIs including AWS and Merch Web Services
- 1-2 years of experience with Python or other current coding languages
- Strong analytical skills related to working with multiple dataset formats and structures
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.