Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work as a WIP Controller and to join an exciting and dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will work as an integral member of the team looking after a range of clients, interacting with finance and non-finance colleagues across the agency. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the ledger, meeting with account teams, TV Producers, Project managers and other departments are also a key part of the role.
- Day to day management of key agency clients – to include billing, job reconciliations and regular meetings with account teams, TV producers and Project Management.
- Working with both our traditional agency output (e.g Broadcast Prod, Print) and also digital / direct outputs and the different types of billing and revenue recognition associated with each type of work.
- Monitor the opening of all jobs within agency to ensure correct set up.
- Checking off costs to identify any abnormalities and ensure all costs are in accordance with SOX, internal policy and client contracts.
- Liaising with external cost controllers and client marketing staff for finance updates and job reconciliations.
- Working with Finance Commercial team to bill Fees and transfer revenue.
- Monitoring of agency investment jobs to ensure there is no risk to the agency
- Develop a good knowledge and understanding of SOX and how this impacts the running of the business and be able to ensure agency compliance.
- Be a key contact person for non-finance staff and help them with any system / process queries.
- Helping account teams by providing accurate financial information to their clients in a timely manner
- Monthly reporting on aged WIP
- Ad hoc projects and reporting
- Ability to chair meetings (including with senior level people)
Who you are:
- Experienced in Excel
- Fast learner, good communicator and team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing multiple projects
- Effective partnering skills across a wide range of primary stakeholders
- Advanced negotiation, communication and organisational skills
- Solid attention to detail and facility with numbers
- A passion for technology and innovation
- Be diligent, organised and detail focused
- Demonstrate resourcefulness – ability to think on your feet and find a solution that might not be the obvious route at first
- Be someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty – it is a busy agency and isn’t suited to someone wanting to take a back seat
- Some experience of corporate finance systems would be advantageous, but not essential, currently using Maconomy.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.