Department: Client Services
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for an Account Supervisor to work on a well-established client account based in NYC. The ideal candidate must have a real passion creating industry-leading digital experiences, with an emphasis on inclusive design and working in a dynamic, technology-focused environment. They are a relationship builder and a thought leader who achieves growth on existing accounts and ensures world class work.
Reporting to the Account Director; in this role, you are a cross-functional team leader that manages the internal team (in partnership with Project Management), diligently and with flexibility – while fostering the client relationship. The Account Supervisor must have experience with digital marketing and its capabilities that include: User Experience, Web and Mobile Development, Content Creation and Data Analytics.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Lead/manage significant and often complex client engagements, with ability to handle multiple projects at one time – providing leadership and counsel to clients at key points during project delivery.
- Client | Grow client relationships by becoming a trusted advisor -- advocating at the agency for client’s objectives, adding value by facilitating knowledge sharing, providing introductions to industry partners, and delivering exceptional service. Actively seek and monitor client satisfaction, obtaining both structured and informal feedback. Work with agency leadership and project managers to accurately scope projects, recommend staffing plans, set team expectations, and lead the performance appraisal process.
- Growth | Work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, build appropriate strategies, and identify and implement processes to help achieve client goals to build top-line revenue. Ability to see the big picture, identify key issues, and provide proactive tactical and strategic recommendations. Seek opportunities for growth and innovation within the current accounts.
- Business | Act as the agency’s expert on a given client and/or business capability. Offer insights based on marketing and industry expertise while learning the client’s organization and decision-making process.
- Team | Partner closely with Creative, Strategy, UX & Tech teams in defining and shaping concepts / solutions to client’s business problems, ensuring that they can feasibly be executed by all team members while providing the client with the best possible solution. Represent the client internally as part of an Account Team, partnering with Project Management to ensure successful execution while delivering results that meet or exceed objectives, deliverables are executed on time and on budget; providing frequent account health status updates internally and to clients.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion a team environment that is comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work through project unknowns. A creative problem solver focused on delivering results and recommending solutions. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Empathetic | Whether it’s the client or team members, you can put yourself in someone else’s shoes and strive to see things from their perspective
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience creating digital-experiences for clients, ideally at an agency.
- Familiarity working in Agile methodology is preferred but not required. Learn on the job!
- The ability to see the big picture and passionately sell it to clients.
- Comfort and skill presenting work and pertinent project information to client and internal teams.
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service.
- Experience serving as part of cross functional team and agency partners with digital marketing capabilities including: creative, user experience designers, analytics, web developers and project managers.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-based environment.
- Specific expertise working with software/hardware solutions and services-oriented businesses and customers preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking – you’re strong on both IQ and EQ, you’re as adept at reading data for insights as you are at reading clients for feedback.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.