Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson is looking for User Experience Designers who are able to understand our client business requirements and their technical limitations whilst always representing the user first. Our integrated team works on a diverse client portfolio ranging from financial services to retail and beyond.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct testing of sample applications, websites and software to assess user experience and ease of design
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to clients and senior management
- Create surveys for research through various media platforms to gather feedback on user's ease of use and satisfaction interfacing on company websites and products
- Analyse customer responses and website data to examine high traffic web pages and determine why certain webpages perform better
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering exercises such as workshops etc.
- Wireframe and prototype your solutions to present to team members and stakeholders for alignment and approval
Who you are:
- Qualification in relevant field(s)
- Strong portfolio of work (Case study format)
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Sketch, Axure, Adobe CC, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing experiences for our clients
- Understanding of coding and ability to troubleshoot regarding HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.