Python Software Developer
Python Software Developer
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: England, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
This is an exciting opportunity working in the Wunderman Thompson Data Science team, part of our wider data department. We are looking for a talented person who will enable the team to sell and promote AI products and showcase them to high profile clients as well as internally in the WPP network. This is a very exciting time to join Wunderman Thompson’s thriving technological community, as it is expanding to become a rich network of creative and research technologists, collaborating with top technological partners like Google, Microsoft, IBM and NVIDIA. Further, this is a brand new role which will support on a variety of clients and internal projects.
The developer’s main duty will be to develop front-end web applications with python frameworks for AI products for multiple research applications within marketing. The secondary duty will revolve around supporting on implementing automated testing & DevOps practices, as well as backend dev (in python). The developer should also have an interest to learn artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics and data visualisation.
The role sits within the Wunderman Thompson Data Science team which is focused on providing artificial intelligence solutions for clients including Microsoft, Dell, GSK, and EY. The team does end-to-end software development in Google and Azure’s cloud with Machine Learning at its heart. We support some of the most exciting technological developments in the company and industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Build small web pages with interactive visualisations, API querying and other functionalities.
- Help build and design the backend and database architecture for structured and unstructured data (data warehousing, data lakes, document databases (NoSQL) and relational (SQL) databases)
- Be exposed and learn about cutting-edge artificial intelligence production-level software, including machine learning operations pipelines and machine learning systems design
- Be exposed to multiple diverse projects, clients and challenges.
- Contribute with ideas to build new products to improve our ways of working and our clients
- You will be able to take advantage of generous training opportunities
Who we’re looking for
- A passionate software developer who can work independently with punctual assistance and support from the team and from WPP’s software developers’ community
- Knowledge in python web frameworks is essential (Flask, Django or any other full stack, micro or asynchronous framework https://www.monocubed.com/top-python-frameworks/ )
- Willingness to learn, be proactive and have a “can do” attitude is essential
- Strong teamwork, communication and presentation skills are fundamental
- Experience developing python packages, python backends, testing frameworks (behave, pytest, etc) and DevOps/MLOps practices is a plus.
- Experience with Angular, React or jQuery are a plus.
- Experience with creative software or industry is a plus.
- Experience in any other programming language is a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in machine learning or analytics is a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in agile (Kanban/Scrum) is a plus.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.