Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Design Director to break things. To set trends. To go beyond the expected. To elevate brand ideas and executions. To grow our own and our client’s expectations of what great design truly is.
We’re looking for a Design Director to become our design visionary with the experience, skills, and desire to be our lead on all things design–from traditional advertising media to emerging technology and experiences that blur the lines of advertising, content, and products. You will be responsible for leading our design practice and working with a portfolio of local, national, and global clients across a variety of industries to deliver thoughtful design experiences that inspire audiences while solving complex business.
What you’ll do:
- Design | This is a hands-on leadership position. As design lead, we expect you to take the lead design role on key projects as well as delegating and managing the full design team.
- Mentor | Provide mentorship and support for a team of 4-5+ designers. Direct and inspire teams to create outstanding and cohesive design work across the client portfolio.
- Partner with Clients | You’ll serve as a trusted creative advisor to all levels of clients, leading them and earning their trust by demonstrating credibility in your craft, an unbiased perspective and unique take on their business challenges, a passion for their brand and their customer, and an unwavering focus on their success.
- Innovate | Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and experiences with Creative Directors while working on multiple projects.
- Collaborate | You’ll serve as a subject-matter expert in all things design and help lead clients, team members and peers to think about opportunities that solve business challenges, while meeting brand and customer needs. You’ll work closely with our Creative Directors, as well as a multi-disciplinary group of Strategists, Project Managers, and Account Teams.
- Create | We take great pride in delivering work that goes beyond the brief. You will report to our Executive Creative Director and be regularly brought into concept for a wide range of projects from brand campaigns to emerging tech experiences.
Who you are:
- A Detail-Obsessed Design Expert | You know all aspects of design and take great pride in the details and craft of delivering truly great design.
- Endlessly Curious | You’re passionate about visual storytelling and delivering experiences that are more than just answering a client’s problems, and are innately curious about human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and junior members of the design team. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an agency or design studio, with a minimum of 5 years of client-facing experience. Experience managing direct reports required.
- Portfolio featuring a wide range of award-worthy creative work that displays mastery of your craft.
- Expertise in the formal elements of visual design, including typography, color, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, and Keynote. Sketch and SketchUp experience are a bonus.
- Proven design-led conceptual and campaign experience; demonstrated success working on integrated campaigns that include digital, social, and/or emerging media.
- Experience managing and directing large-scale productions covering a range of mediums throughout the production process.
- Experience working across multiple parallel work streams and within an agile environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.