Client Finance Analyst
Client Finance Analyst
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Wunderman Thompson Commerce,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking a Client Finance Analyst to support our growing media offering. The Client Finance Analyst (CFA) will be the liaison between finance, account and project management, and the media team to ensure all client financial obligations are met. The CFA role supports the preparation, review, and management of client budgets as well as performing standard accounting functions such as AP, AR, and billing. This position requires heavy use of Microsoft Excel in addition to Financial and Project Management software programs.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Review Media insertion orders from media buying system and upload into agency financial system for coding in A/P system. Perform monthly audits of client media accounts to ensure the media buying system aligns with agency financial system. Review client actuals YTD in comparison to client budgets, prep reports for agency team members to review and approve prior client billing. Serves as point of contact for A/P related questions. Review Media POs regularly and assist in identifying changes and updating records.
- Collaborate | Ensure timely fee and expense billing through coordination between shared service center and account management and media staff. Ensure that all jobs, monthly, quarterly, and final reconciliations are competed in a timely manner, and in compliance with contract.
- Corporate | Monitor status of open PO's to assure on-time collection of outstanding vendor bills. Open and close jobs. Collect and organize new vendor setup documentation and submit for review. Complete and submit corporate expense reports on behalf of executive management. SOX audit assistance pertaining to Client invoicing, AP, and Media related findings
Who you are:
- Detail-Oriented | Precise and quality work, strong organization skills and demonstrated professionalism.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Excel (Pivot tables, Data Visualization, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to generate new out of the box ideas.
- Ability to proactive and multi-task with the capability of adjusting to changing priorities, sometimes daily.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain business relationships.
- Great at solving unstructured problems with little to no supervision in a fast-paced, high stakes environment.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to contribute to the business along with business unit team members and managers; establish collaborative relationships with peers.
- Media Management Platform (Prisma or other) experience preferred.
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting.
- WorkDay software experience preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.