Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Wunderman Thompson Commerce,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce, & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman Thompson brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialize in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking an Account Director to lead the day-to-day management of a new technology client across North America. This is a unique opportunity to work with an established industry leader and help shape their business and brand in the social media space. You assess all concepts and creative development for client assignments and are responsible for adherence to and evolution of brand strategy. You are accountable for well-managed projects, timely production, and budget adherence. The Account Director serves as a team lead over several disciplines, including strategy, creative, data science, and community management, and is responsible for orchestrating the interworking of the separate discipline team leads. This role owns responsibility for the growth and development of the new client business across all disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Voice for the agency | Principal contact between agency and client, strengthening and expanding business relationships, with ultimate responsibility for the account.
- Collaborative | Works across multiple lines of an account, developing synergistic solutions which help our clients grow their business and gain marketing share.
- Growth | Monitor overall account financial profitability.
- Strategic | Recommend competitive marketing advice.
- Transform | Supervise strategic development and implementation of direct initiatives.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to create and foster growth opportunities. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. A self-starter.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of account or strategy experience.
- Experience working with clients to advertise on Amazon.
- Experience building and managing a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Must have a knack for telling a story with data.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.