Experience Design Director
Experience Design Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Experience Design Director with a user-centered focus for a contract position serving an established leader in the tech industry. This is a unique opportunity to help this leader shape a new B2B business and brand. You are a proven leader with a proven track record of translating abstract and complex concepts into simple, thoughtful product solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences. To succeed in this role, you must be proactive in managing projects, clients and designers. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients. As an inspirational design mentor, you will also be hands-on at times helping to drive a high standard for design.
Wunderman Thompson’s Product Design team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, partnering with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on humans and for our clients’ businesses. It’s our responsibility to drive user-centered design processes and help determine the various tools to solve the challenge. We are responsible for presenting solutions to the to ensure best-in-class, human-centric experiences that make a meaningful difference in the world for our most ambitious brands.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the ask through a broader lens, ensuring that the vision remains intact on every aspect of a project. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
This is a contract opportunity.
To be considered, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and Inspire | Be the main point of contact for large scale, multi-stream account. Create, cast, and lead teams to create strategies and designs across projects and accounts. Manage and mentor direct reports, supporting and challenging them for grow and development. Drive recruitment efforts including screening portfolios and interviewing.
- Define | Set forth timing and process to execute on deliverables across multiple disciplines, working in alignment with various teams. Identify growth opportunities on projects and accounts. Drive and contribute to pitches and business development
- Grow | Be a trusted partner, providing sound design, business, and strategic advice. Own and deliver initiatives for growing the experience design practice and the client relationship.
- Listen | Actively seek out the needs of the client, humans, and partners. Be proactive in solutions, helping to establish and improve ways-of-working. Provide the necessary tools and environment for the team to succeed and grow.
Who you are:
- Crafty | Insatiably curious and passionate about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors. Expert at translating insights and data into cohesive, concise plans.
- Influential | You’re a born leader, passionate about experiences that are more than just solutions, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You ensure integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience are delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Systems thinker | A solid understanding of designing intuitive site interaction, user interfaces, and navigation, with an eye on the overall brand ecosystem.
- An experimenter | Embraces the unknown and ready to break process when you’re confident it will lead to a better outcome. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in product design, with minimum of 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to look across projects holistically with the ability to understand project, account, skill set, or team needs.
- Knowledge of design applications such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision. Project management such as Jira is a nice addition, as this is an agile, cross-discipline team.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards as well as ADA compliance.
- Proven track record for leading interdisciplinary teams across multiple medium-to-large scale accounts.
- Proven skills in managing and mentoring multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.