Project Strategy Director
Project Strategy Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a user-centered Director, Product Strategy who will be responsible for providing direction on our most critical accounts, driving strategy on key pitches, and growing the discipline practice and teams. We believe that product strategy is at the core of solving our client’s most strategic and innovative challenges. We are seeking a leader that is passionate about people and their needs - someone who can use their research and storytelling skills to help define meaningful, engaging products and services.
To succeed in this role, you must have an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling user and business insights. You must be proactive in managing projects, clients and strategists. You must be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect across platforms, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Lead both qualitative and quantitative research efforts to better understand people and their environments. Analyze and synthesize research into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Gather | Lead conceptual product definition discussions with team members and clients leveraging frameworks, documenting underlying information architecture. Help conduct usability testing (in-person and remote; moderated and unmoderated) to evaluate user experiences and engagement. Work with Service Designers and Product Designers to create human-centric journey maps and blueprints based on needs, persona definition, and research.
- Organize | Lead, structure and facilitate workshops to define business and product goals, solution concepts and features. Develop products, services strategies, and product roadmaps based on user insights and digital analytics inputs. Help develop and design artefacts including: user stories, concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to various degrees of fidelity to make your ideas clearly understood. Assist with business development pitches and proposals that showcase the value of experience design strategy to potential clients.
- Collaborate | Work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Product Designers, Service Designers, Project Managers, and Technologists. You’ll be defining the product vision and roadmap to help the team align on direction.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Team Player | Collaborative playmaker with experience working cross-functionally (with agile Creative, User Experience, Account and Analytics teams). Articulates problems and solutions clearly, striving to bring unity to teams.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how solve problems. Embraces the unknown and ready to break process.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional strategy experience having worked at a digital agency, consulting firm, and/or boutique strategy firm.
- Proven experience in various types of user or customer research, user testing and analysis, insights generation, touchpoint/ journey mapping, workshop design and management, developing sketches/low fidelity wireframes for digital prototypes, products, and/or services.
- Proficiency in storytelling and defining the format: presentation decks, documentation, visual artefacts.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards as well as ADA compliance.
- Comfortable working independently, with minimal guidance.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience working with C-level clients and across entire organizations.
- Familiarity with agile/lean methodologies and best practices.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.