Associate Director, Strategy
Associate Director, Strategy
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is a seeking an Associate Strategy Director to unearth and articulate beautifully simple strategies that lead and inspire our teams to the smartest work possible.
You know how to blend art and science to plan and help craft engaging consumer experiences, across both emerging and established media.
You enjoy working with cross-functional teams to bring fully integrated multi-channel campaigns to life. You write consistently simple and exciting briefs, distilled from deep and insightful investigations, and you raise the standard of briefs and writing in those you mentor.
In this role, you'll balance long-term client work with pitching and onboarding new business, so you're skilled at making the most of tight deadlines. You can bring a clear point of view to ambiguous projects. You help clients and co-workers pull the bigger creative idea out of the tactics, and work with them to make it stronger and braver.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Lead your accounts' strategic thinking, from end to end. Staying close to everybody executing and stewarding campaigns, you’ll keep a watchful eye on performance against the objectives you set. Look beyond immediate problem-solving for insights to keep pushing our work, and to use in the next campaign.
- Collaborate | Work collaboratively with internal partners and clients to uncover fresh, inspiring insights, using them to develop strong strategic direction, briefs and business success.
- Innovate | Demonstrate expertise of your clients’ business beyond marketing. Bring fresh ideas on how brands can come to life in new spaces. Develop proactive solutions that impact brand communication, related to key trends that drive consumer behavior.
- Research | Build your team’s deep and insightful knowledge of mainstream and niche platforms. Maintain an extensive base of strategic Design, manage, or execute your own research on industry trends, competitive analysis, digital technology, and consumer insights.
- Champion | Create and nurture a culture that makes it easy for your colleagues to perform at the highest level, and be eager to work with you. Model thoughtful decisiveness, creative championing, and how to be attentive to what others need, so that they can succeed, stretch, and love their work.
Who you are:
- Passionate | Roll up your sleeves and to bring ideas to life.
- A Strong Communicator | Develop, communicate and skillfully present Wunderman Thompson’s point-of-view on leading edge topics in content and social, as internal and external thought leadership and in contribution to client work and pitches.
- Big Picture Thinker | Believe that what we do and make matters – to our team, our clients and to people who experience our brand. And an equal belief that how we do it is as important as what we do.
- Curious | Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends. Have a journalistic approach to dig for insights and truths that inspire new thinking.
- Ego-less | We all wear hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading the strategic planning for national brands’ campaigns across a range of channels and audiences, grounded in analysis and creative insight.
- Experience collaborating with expert specialists and team members of all levels and backgrounds, to make the best work possible.
- Expertise in designing and leading qualitative research of all kinds, such as interviews, focus groups, workshops and brainstorms.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms, trends, and best practices, with a love of cutting-edge technology and pop culture.
- Ability to thrive and help others, in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.