Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Client Services
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an Account Supervisor to join the team in our New York, NY office. The Account Supervisor (AS) is in charge of the day-to-day activities and the development of tactics on the account. The AS coordinates with the client brand team and internal and external partners. The AS builds and strengthens internal and client relationships, working with the account team to provide sound and responsible client counsel. The position also assumes financial responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Develop and implement marketing communications strategy. Plan programs that support day-to-day account activity and clients’ long-term business objectives. Build and maintain strong client relationships. Possess a clear understanding of pharmaceutical marketing, including familiarity with marketing and tactical plans.
- Team | Supervise team; demonstrate strong leadership, provide direction, and professional development.
- Process | Oversee development of project timelines. Help manage finances including budget forecasting, estimating, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring timely billing. Ensure overall account budget is aggressively managed while keeping financial health of account in mind.
Who you are:
- Growth-Minded | Demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Exhibit a successful track record of building client relationships. Possess the aptitude and appetite to bring people together along with an innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Provide a consultative, conscientious, and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage.
- Leader | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, financial analyses, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day account problem solving by providing guidance to junior team and raising issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 4 years of industry-related (pharmaceutical/healthcare advertising preferred) experience.
- Strong communication and effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical data.
- Financial aptitude to develop and manage project budgets.
- Understanding of major market healthcare issues/restrictions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated managerial ability.
- Strong analytical/strategic skills and above-average interpersonal skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.