Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Technology Lead. As a Technology Lead at Wunderman Thompson, you play a central role in bringing our development capability to life in support of the development of digital marketing platforms for our clients. This specific role has a focus on new Adobe platform development while laying the framework for the future development and maintenance of a long-standing, high-profile client.
We will see that you have a desire to work in the creative technology services industry with a passion for operational excellence. You think aspirationally but have the marks of a problem solver and an obvious attention to detail and organization. It will be apparent that you have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to calmly and rationally collaborate with technical and non-technical peers. You may not know how to play Cricket but you are pretty sure you could figure it out if you spent some time in a bar with an English guy.
What you’ll do:
- Team | Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations with respect to project deliverables, timelines and scope. Actively participate in leading teams in production feasibility, technical requirements, costs and timing implications. Define, plan, schedule and control project activities, applying creative and strategic thinking, technical and project management skills to satisfy project requirements.
- Communicate | Ability to communicate project needs to team members effectively.
- Process | Proactively manage changes in scope, flag issues and risks, and develop contingency and mitigation plans to ensure projects are kept on track. Manage and report on projects’ status and issues. Liaise with the Resource Manager and Creative teams to secure internal resources.
Who you are:
- Collaborator | Collaborate with the client, strategy, user experience, design, analytics and project management teams to produce innovative, scalable, and effective experiences at the highest possible quality level on-time and on-budget.
- Builder | Responsible for all delivery of the technology project team on a daily, sprint, and project basis. Works with an architect, if required, to define and implement the overall technical vision. Works with project manager on the overall sprint plan, high-level estimating, risk identification, mitigation plans, and scope change documentation. Responsible for team's code quality, adherence to standards (architecture & code), branching strategy, and deployment strategy.
- Team Player | Engage in the Restricted Agile process to ensure that users stories are immediately actionable, estimated, and understood before they are accepted into a sprint. Writes and maintains technical requirements, either directly or indirectly depending on the project. Communicates with all team members in a collaborative environment.
- Creative | Uses industry standards and best practices to implement solutions. Focuses on developing innovative, scalable, and efficient software.
What you’ll need:
- Comprehensive experience developing full-featured implementations of a marketing enterprise technology platform (such as Adobe, Sitecore, or Acquia), in an agency or start-up environment
- Comfortable leading teams with back-end development, front-end development, and QA disciplines
- Understanding of OOP concepts, development patterns, computing complexity and algorithms
- Strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must possess interpersonal, group discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to manage changing requirements and estimate effort accordingly
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability
- Must have a bias for action and a sense of urgency
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.