Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking a detail-oriented Billing Analyst to support the day to day functioning of finance for the Atlanta office. This position plays a role in our local and regional finance team and sits within our local operations team. You will work alongside multiple agency departments and client contacts, developing a thorough understanding of the overall agency financial processes and procedures while accounting for individual client nuances.
**This is currently a fully remote opportunity with a hybrid in-office work schedule moving forward.**
What you’ll do:
- Process | Handle all aspects of client billing cycles, from project activation to final billing. Using financial software, prepare monthly billing packets for account team review. Submit invoices to client Accounts Payable, according to client policy, and with necessary backup. Reconcile billings to client budgets and purchase orders. Monitor and ensure AR and WIP remains current, proactively resolve any issues.
- People | Meet with the agency client Account teams to review project status and upcoming billing needs on a monthly basis. Provide support for the Senior Analyst, Finance Manager, and Finance Director on ad hoc projects and duties. Generate intercompany journal entries, billing, and manage partner relationships as well as Accounts Receivable.
- Work | Manage weekly time sheet audit. Data entry for month-end financials. Request and process client refunds. Review monthly studio billing for accuracy. Assist with monthly SOX reporting.
Who you are:
- A builder | Curiously digs into the numbers and technology. You'll learn and teach new processes and ideas to the team as they develop.
- Open and collaborative | Interested in learning about the advertising industry and the people who contribute to our success.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and simplifies how to work around problems, asking "why not?" and "how can we make this better?"
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of basic accounting or billing experience (advertising industry experience preferred but not required).
- Highly proficient with MS Excel dealing with large data sets and strong ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Added proficiency in Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills reaching all levels of employees across various disciplines.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with Enterprise Financial Systems preferred!
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.