Group Strategy Director (CRM)
Group Strategy Director (CRM)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson New York is seeking for a Group Strategy Director. This is a unique opportunity to get involved early in the process with clients to develop innovative approaches to CRM with an emphasis on engagement across the consumer journey. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker who can balance a strong POV with a collaborative way of working with mixed teams to shape new ways of connecting with customers. You’ll have deep CRM strategy experience, the ability to bring together audience insights, business and category drivers with data and technology to develop personalized experiences. You’ll have a deep appreciation for integrated ideas and know how to inspire creative teams.
What you’ll do:
- CRM Approach | Collaborate with team to shape the brand story based on our innovative approach to CRM.
- Customer Segmentation | Collaborate with data team on an advanced approach to audience analysis and segmentation/differentiation based on a combination of 1st-party research and customer data. This approach to audience analysis creates an opportunity to develop a rich landscape of content and creative that connects with the various audiences based on their differentiated emotional motivators.
- Customer Journey | Collaborate with CX and data team to develop an understanding of customer segment journeys to define pain points, barriers and triggers which provide an opportunities to improve experience and communications.
- CRM Strategy | Own and define the consumers’ omni-channel CRM experience based on the innovative approach combined with CRM best practices. Develop contact strategy, personalization plan, learning agenda and hypothesis based on opportunities for 2-3 segments. From this strategy create briefs for creative development and implementation plan.
- Participation | Attend client meetings as needed and being part of the presentation team. Participate in daily internal meetings as a full team, and in breakout groups specific to your activities.
Who you are:
- A builder and thought leader | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working to create a story, at speed – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- A team player | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in large scale CRM program development across multiple platforms, including the creation and management of associated budgets.
- Experience with MarTech
- Experience with the clients in the technology category
- Proven Agency side experience
- A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves,” action-oriented approach and comfort leading and working with a strong, multidisciplinary team.
- Successful track record of helping to build and present strategic CRM concepts/programs, recommendations and tactics for clients and effectively executing programs.
- Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.