Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations, and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an Engagement Strategist (ES) in our New York office. There is potential for remote work for the right candidate. The ES develops engagement strategies for marketing initiatives across our digital, data, and technology-driven programs designed to meet specific business objectives for a range of clients. The ES is a critical function to help Wunderman Thompson continue to be a strategic business partner for our clients, and to help our clients deliver impact with their customers through meaningful interactions.
What you’ll do:
- Planning | Develop strategic recommendations to help our clients prioritize the pressing challenges to solve and the best way to solve them. The ES will be responsible for crafting the recommendations and guide the Wunderman team with how to implement the recommendations via owning the project brief and will participate in implementation and execution. Additional responsibilities include participation in customer journey mapping. and research, participation in tactical planning, and presentation / development of POV.
- Optimize To Drive Results | The ES will contribute to campaign optimization and enhancements, manage metrics, dashboards and KPIs (generate insights and feedback to partner agencies) in service of helping our clients drive business impact to meet their goals.
- Research | Assess and analyze disparate data point to help align a story and guide recommendations. Responsibilities include literature review, sourcing content collaboratively from various sources. The ES will conduct audits that guide recommendations across landscape, tactical. Execute content audit, contribute to guidelines and execution.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must contribute to a team environment that is comfortable and encouraging. The ES will support and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including medical, brand strategy, creative, and account.
- Strategic Thinker | Understand principles of design thinking. Comfortable with interpreting data and providing objective observations and recommendations. Adept at storytelling, deck development and willingness to have a POV. Possess fluency in social media best practices, a strong understanding of SEO/M, and exposure to media.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus one or more years in healthcare and/or pharmaceutical marketing
- Comfort with being the day-to-day strategic lead internally and with clients
- Communicate an interest in marketing strategy and the motivation to learn about pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and related services.
- Good knowledge of online research techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet environments
- Ability to prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects effectively
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors and staff members
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation and consensus-building skills
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to organize people, projects and information
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership across departments in a team and matrix environment
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance
- Ability to work effectively within a remote environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.