People Director (Ad Agency Experience)
People Director (Ad Agency Experience)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done at least partially remotely for candidates local to the LA area. Eligible candidates will be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Playa Vista office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the valued in-person access to HR expertise and counsel. Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a People Director to join our team and provide expertise and support across people practices. This is a hands-on role that will drive and implement culture initiatives and people programs, while always working to improve the employee experience, and be a business partner to the leadership team. This position will also play an important role in creating an inclusive and learning environment for everyone as a key strategy for engagement and growth.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, strong communicator, and diligent problem solver who cares deeply about the experience of all employees. A firm understanding of the professional service or product business with a generalist, recruiting, organizational development, or learning background is highly desired. Candidates with HR leader experience in an advertising agency environment are strongly preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Talent Management | Manage the goal setting, performance, and compensation review process. Manage workplace issues to include disciplinary actions in compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment related regulations. Coach managers to encourage higher performance and people development across their teams. Work with L&D to leverage internal learning tools and resources as development opportunities for our staff.
- Talent Strategy | Own the talent strategy and ensure the plan aligns with the business strategy. Organization design recommendations. Succession Planning. Manage the new hire process, talent mobility, and transfers.
- Employee Experience | Drive employee engagement and retention by continuously seeking feedback and developing strategies to address areas of concern. Manage employee surveys and conduct exit interviews. Identify feedback trends and analyze data, present key findings, and develop a plan to improve gaps. Develop recognition strategies and administer programs that celebrate/engage our people, build positive workplace culture, and fosters a collaborative environment. Supports talent mobility and transfers.
- Best Practices | Assist with general questions around policy and procedures. Educate managers and employees on workplace issues in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment-related regulations. Support the design and implementation of new programs and initiatives.
Who you are:
- Problem Solver | Creative with the appetite to use your HR experience to craft solutions and then put them into action. Innate ability to create energy around ideas.
- Doer | A get-things-done attitude with an unparalleled drive of initiative.
- Genuine | Displays discretion, diplomacy, understanding, and a high level of professionalism. Positive, humorous, and a natural collaborator.
- Ahead of the Curve | A champion of the human resources world who garners knowledge of employment trends to ensure HR practices maintain compliance.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Human Resources/People/Talent role is required along with experience in Organizational Design and Talent Management.
- Experience working in a digital or advertising agency is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge federal employment laws and regulations and be ready to jump into learning employment laws for a number of states in support of our remote staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. Requires minimal supervision.
- Informal and people-centric approach to work and getting things done.
- Able to quickly establish credibility with the staff and senior managers.
- Persuasive, proactive, strong presence, unpretentious, unquestionable integrity.
- Commitment to excellence and to having fun. A desire to be the very best.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.